Odd Plugin Error

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Odd Plugin Error

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

I frequently use the ColorWasher plugin from http://www.ThePluginSite.com when trying to restore old photographs (since Photoline sorely lacks the "Manual Color Correction", "Fade Correction", and "Smart Photo Fix" filters that are in Paint Shop Pro, all of which were excellent for this purpose).

The odd thing is, if I copy an image to clipboard, then use the right-click context menu to "Paste as Document" or using the same command from the "Edit" menu, then when I go to use ColorWasher plugin on that image, I get a "Memory Access Violation!" error message, and cannot use the plugin. The plugin needs to be shut down by clicking on cancel. Any other plugin options at all just keep recreating that error message.

The odd thing is, if I open the very same photograph from the file menu (or browser, etc., then the plugin works just fine.

How are the two images different from pasting or loading it? One way of opening the image doesn't make the plugin crash, the other (pasting as document) does.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Odd Plugin Error

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

It's no good idea to use plugin filters on unsaved images. If you save before calling the plugin, there will be no problem.
I will fix this problem.

Gerhard