Photoline and system color picker

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
borgo1971
Mitglied

Photoline and system color picker

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Even I like Photoline, in the last time I found very annoying that I can't use system color picker, because I need to transport colors from Photoline to other software, and Mac OS color picker is really great for this. I am missing something, or can this be a little problem with Photoline?
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Photoline and system color picker

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

I don't fully understand, what you try to do.
borgo1971 hat geschrieben:I found very annoying that I can't use system color picker,
The "system color picker" is the small magnifier in the Mac OS color panel?
borgo1971 hat geschrieben:because I need to transport colors from Photoline to other software, and Mac OS color picker is really great for this.
Am I understanding this correctly: you have PhotoLine and another application running. Now you open in the other application the Mac OS color panel and you want to use the color picker to read a color from a PhotoLine window? If it is so: where do you want to read the color from (document window, color field, ...)? And what is the problem you are seeing?

Martin
frankenstein
Betatester

Beitrag von frankenstein »

I think it's the bottom line of the color picker
Bild
where you are able to drag colors.
Workaround: In your other program use the magnifier tool at the left top side. You can pick any color of your screen and drag it to the bottom line.
Michael
Macbook Pro, macOS X (X = neueste Version)
https://instagram.com/m_frankenstein/
https://frankenste.info/m/
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

frankenstein hat geschrieben:I think it's the bottom line of the color picker
Workaround: In your other program use the magnifier tool at the left top side. You can pick any color of your screen and drag it to the bottom line.
OK, this works fine, thanks. I tried so much time to use system color picker in PL to add colors to the bottom grid, and never thought to use color picker from other apps!
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:I don't fully understand, what you try to do.
Am I understanding this correctly: you have PhotoLine and another application running.
Not necessary together. Frankenstein answer is pretty right: with other applications I save the colors to bottom tray and can use this colors in system wide applications, even another day.
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Now you open in the other application the Mac OS color panel and you want to use the color picker to read a color from a PhotoLine window? If it is so: where do you want to read the color from (document window, color field, ...)? And what is the problem you are seeing?
Yes, I want to read the color from some documents opened in Photoline, and use this colors for painting 3D models with Artlantis Render. Frankenstein's workaround works fine: I open Photoline in background and use Artlantis to open system color picker, with wich I can pick colors from PL document. But it's a workaround, because I must use another application to do something PL should do (read color from a PL document)...
I think you should take in account to add the ability to use system color picker, that for something has some advantage over PL color picker. Just my two cents... :mrgreen: