Future request.

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
borgo1971
Mitglied

Future request.

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Since PL isn't exempt from "unexpected close", auto-save could be a very good new future :mrgreen:
My opinion about auto-save is that it should use a temporary folder, and automatically delete all temporary files on regular document close, but if PL crashes I'll be able to restore my work. Temporary file can be pretty large, but should be fast to write, not necessary a know image file maybe with incremental files that PL can use to rebuild lost work. Auto-save should have a preference to enable/disable the future and how often it happens, in seconds or steps.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Future request.

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Since we never had a message from you about an unexpected close of the program, we don't think that such a function is necessary.

Gerhard
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:Since we never had a message from you about an unexpected close of the program, we don't think that such a function is necessary.
I had an unexpected close today (and more than an hour of work lost), something similar yesterday when I must force close while saving (after some minutes of spinning beach ball), and had some other unexpected close in the past time. Nothing to compromise my good opinion about PhotoLine, and not more than other apps., but in this cases, auto-save can be very useful.
I never wrote about unexpected close because they happen random and not to often, but sometime happen.
By the tone of your response I think you misunderstood my request: it wouldn't criticize PL, but only suggest a future for next realise
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

borgo1971 hat geschrieben:I had an unexpected close today
If I remember correctly you are working on OS X. OS X is creating a crash report in ~/Library/Logs/Crashreporter for every unexpected close. It could be helpful if you send that crash report to support@pl32.com. Please do not paste the text of the crash report into the e-mail but attach the file.

Martin
lutz
Mitglied

Beitrag von lutz »

borgo1971 hat geschrieben: By the tone of your response I think you misunderstood my request: it wouldn't criticize PL, but only suggest a future for next realise
Hi Borgo,
it was not meant this way; this is just the tone in which Bavarian often translates to other languages, like English and German. :D
(close neighbors of Bavaria are better used to it of course :D ).
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

In this case I add another future request: new (image) from clipboard. :mrgreen:
I find this a useful future that lakes in PhotoLine...
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

borgo1971 hat geschrieben:In this case I add another future request: new (image) from clipboard. :mrgreen:
I find this a useful future that lakes in PhotoLine...
CTRL+E, it's in the edit-menu.
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

:oops:
OK, I'm gaining the first prise as "re-inventor of the wheel"
:mrgreen:
arnold_s
Mitglied

Beitrag von arnold_s »

I am supportive of his feature request to add an auto save function.
I had some issues with off-document vector layers (marked red) in complex
(multi-grouped) images, which caused PL 15.06 to crash and
these issues could not easily be reproduced.
Although i'm quite sure, the PL-Team would have fixed that, if i had
sent a good example to demonstrate the problem, it would habe been nice,
if even fragments of my recent work could have been restored.
Neither this nor that were possible.

By the way, OpenCL support would also be nice...