PhotoLine Extremely Fast

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

PhotoLine Extremely Fast

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

I recently increased the RAM in my PC to 8 gigs and upgraded the operating system from Windows Vista 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit.

It's a pleasure running PhotoLine 64 in this new environment. PL (both 32 and 64) now loads in under 2 seconds. With Vista and 2 gigs of RAM, it took 1 minute to load the 32-bit version, even though PL was fast once loaded.

One thing you lose when switching to 64-bit is the use of Photoshop plug-ins. All that I have are for 32-bit programs. The only one of my external plug-ins that PL 32 recognizes is the Imagenomic noise filter. I haven't tested it to see if it works in PL 32. All the other applications (32-bit) I have installed that use Photoshop plug-ins recognize them, and they seem to work.

But I can live without the external plug-ins (while their developers phase in 64) on PhotoLine in exchange for its speed and ability to run all day without crashing.

Thanks to the developers at PhotoLine for an application that in many ways is ahead of the pack! Now if we could just get a few work-reduction tools similar to what have been added in Elements and PSP.

Bob
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
akeller
Mitglied

Re: PhotoLine Extremely Fast

Beitrag von akeller »

Zuletzt geändert von akeller am Do 28 Okt 2010 20:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
podperson
Mitglied

Re: PhotoLine Extremely Fast

Beitrag von podperson »

Photoline's launch time -- 1 or 2s on my over-three-year-old Macbook Pro -- is one of its chief selling points IMO. I have Photoshop installed on most of the machines I use and frequently launch Photoline instead simply because I know I won't be waiting 30s for Photoshop to launch, and -- unlike the other quick-launching image-editing apps such as Pixelmator -- Photoline actually probably has the functionality I need.

I think if the Photoline website and icon were to get a makeover worthy of the product, Photoline would sell a lot more copies to designers (pretty much every review I see of Photoline -- including my own -- seems to mention the aesthetics of the program and website. It may be silly that this stuff is important, but it is.