Not enough tool bar icons

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Not enough tool bar icons

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

I have configured two lines of icon bars at the top of my PL workspace as a way to learn the important operations that are available and to quickly access them. I soon learn to associate the assigned icon with a PL procedure. I did the same thing when I learned PSP, which has dozens of icons for assignment to various tools and procedures.

PL, however, has many tasks with the same red-X-smiley-face icon. Thus, I have 7 of these smiley faces on my customized icon bars and find that I have to move the cursor over several of them before I find the right task.

Here's my request for some new icons to replace the smiley faces.

Thanks.

Bob
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
lutz
Mitglied

Re: Not enough tool bar icons

Beitrag von lutz »

If you do not mind some tinkering you could add some button icons yourself.
In PL all the button icons are located in a PLD file in the "hlp" folder in the photoline program files folder - the file is "pictures.pld" and all the icons are on individual layers/groups (made up of photoline vectors). You can find the corresponding names for the layers and the photoline commands in the file "MenuStructure.txt" in the same folder. You can add a new layer to the pictures.pld file with a new icon and give it the command number as a layer name.
It sounds like for your purposes very simple icons would be sufficient. It seems to me Photoline could use some icon donations. :)
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Re: Not enough tool bar icons

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

lutz hat geschrieben:If you do not mind some tinkering you could add some button icons yourself.
I looked at that file (actually there appeared to be two of them) with the icon images. Many of them appeared to be 19x19 pixel vector images, and on at least one I viewed, part of the image layer had been shifted past the edge of the document, creating an image that had the edge cut off on the icon in the toolbar.

Some of the other layers in the image file contained bitmap images, and most of those I viewed were slightly larger than 19x19. Apparently they are resized automatically for appearance on a toolbar.

So, creating-the-new-icons concept I understand, but the numbers in the database file and the numbers in the layer names in the icon image file, I don't understand. The numbers in the image database file are not the same as the numbers in the layer names.

Bob
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.