Invert text mask.

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
borgo1971
Mitglied

Invert text mask.

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Some one can help me to cut a layer with some text and vector graphics, holding them as text and vector (if it's possible). I mean to make the inverse as I do If I select grouped layer and mask the layer previous... I think it should be something simple, but really cant find how to do, if not transforming all text and vector to bitmap, inverting it and masking.
A attach the document, the photo is what I want to get (vectorialized)
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Invert text mask.

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I have only 2 half solutions, I'm not sure if they match your purposes.

-Set the "draw isolated"-attribute for the group, place a white rectangle at the bottom, then turn the whole group into a clipping layer. Though all vectors and textlayers are kept, they will look pixeled.

-If the background should be white in the end, you could turn all vectors to white and add an inner shadow to them.

There should be another solution, but I can't handle that at the moment... If you can loose the text and are not too critical, you could increase the resolution, turn to bitmap, reduce colors to black and white... And somehow it should be possible to convert that to the desired inverted vector again, but currently I don't find the way. The created vector could be optimized with "layout > vector > optimize" to make it smooth again.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
akeller
Mitglied

Beitrag von akeller »

Hello,

funny, yesterday I had a similar task.
Unfortunately I guess without advanced path options "difference" or "exclusive-or" this is not possible and even than you would loose the ability to edit the text.
But you would be able to resize without quality-loss.
As a bitmap it looks like:
Logo_Degano.png
The quality is not so good but if you know the desired size you could start as vector-image and do the bitmap later on.

Andreas
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

akeller hat geschrieben:Unfortunately I guess without advanced path options "difference" or "exclusive-or" this is not possible and even than you would loose the ability to edit the text.
In fact there is an implicit "exclusive-or" operation: the "even/odd" fill mode.

So in this situation it is sufficient to insert a large rectangle (with "even/odd" fill mode) at the top of the clipping group.
But this may not work in all situations, especially if there is a font involved, that can't be displayed correctly using "even/odd".

Martin
akeller
Mitglied

Beitrag von akeller »

Hello Martin,

thanks for your answer but I don't get it. :cry:
Could you provide an example.
Let's say we have a rectangle and we would like to stamp out a circle in the middle of the rectangle.
The result should be a rectangle with a hole in the middle, there we are able to see the background behind the rectangle.
For sure all as vector not as I did it as bitmap. :wink:
rectangle_with_hole.png
Thanks Andreas
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

akeller hat geschrieben:Could you provide an example.
I have attached a small example.
CombinedClipping.pld.zip
Martin
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: I have attached a small example.
Beautiful! PhotoLine support is ever the best :wink:
Thanks to the other, too. :mrgreen:
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I'm not sure if I get it...
The even/odd or winding fillmode of the uppermost vector- or textlayer is used for all visible vectorlayers below in that group?
akeller
Mitglied

Beitrag von akeller »

Thanks Martin,

but isn't this a normal mask like Hoogo already proposed.
I don't understand how I could use the fill method "even/odd" for this task. :?:
Enclosed the original file reworked with Hoogos and your method but without the effect "shadow".
Unfortunately there is no way to apply a shadow to transparent objects and I don't like the shadows in the letters.

Cheers,
Andreas
Logo Degano3.zip
Edit: Ups, just now I saw the difference. Hard to understand, I have to play with this a little. :wink:
akeller
Mitglied

Beitrag von akeller »

Hello,

I guess, now I understand. It is important, that the top layer of the mask-group has the fill-method even/odd.
PL_Icon.png
Andreas
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Hoogo hat geschrieben:The even/odd or winding fillmode of the uppermost vector- or textlayer is used for all visible vectorlayers below in that group?
In the context of clipping groups: yes.

Martin
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

That sounds like a special hack ;)