Mitglied

How do I warp text?

Beitrag von waseem »

I can't alter text. How do I do this?
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: How do I warp text?

Beitrag von Hoogo »

You alter a text by choosing the text-tool and just clicking into the text-layer. Did you have a look your yesterday's thread? A more specific question would be helpful.
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Re: How do I warp text?

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Ah, come on, Hoogo, there's much more to be said than that. :P

For a start, in PL32 you can mess with the shape of type while the type is LIVE and EDITABLE. Much as PL32's interface can drive me bananas, this is pretty darned good~! (In many programs, you can do this kind of stuff only after you have converted the type to vector outlines or another form of graphic.)

Just some effects:

So take your type -- the first line, choose the general selection tool, the pointer, click to select the text box, grab a mid-point and drag to stretch type evenly, OR grab a corner and pull it out to get the second example. You can also do stuff like this by selecting the text box then going to Menu Bar > Effects > Shape Tools > Distort Frame. In addition to pulling out corners, this will also allow you do a shear, vertical or horizontal, by grabbing the mid-points and dragging them.

Select the original type box again and go Menu Bar > Effects > Shape Tools > Distort > Outline Warping. Choose a shape -- the one I chose to get the third line is obvious -- and adjust by number.

For the fourth line, Menu Bar > Effects > Shape Tools > Distort > Twist.

For the final example, Menu Bar > Effects > Shape Tools > Distort > Free Roughen

Note again -- this is all EDITABLE text. You can select text and change it and what you type in will have the effect. You can add more text ... with the effect.

And finally, if you wish, you can convert your massacred type into a graphic by going Menu Bar > Layer > Convert Layer Type.

Have fun, Waseem, and explore other menu items too. :D

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Publisher, Editor, Business Writer
The Worsley Press

FREE Bonus book offer. Get "How to make great ads for (sm)all business" FREE when you buy "Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes?" or "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter". Amazon or http://www.worsleypress.com
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.