plugins double entry

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
sovereign
Mitglied

plugins double entry

Beitrag von sovereign »

I just joined you and since I came late to wish you "Happy Christmas and Happy New Year" I would do it now: I wish the best for all of you guys!

Well, coming back to the point.. I've got a big question mark not able to solve.
I know Photoline doesn't work properly nowadays with 32 bit plugins if lauched as 64 bit application, but..
I moved to the 32 bits mode right now.. have a look to the picture below: why I find a double entry for the plugin?

Bild

This only an example, but I can assure you it happens with several plugins.. 'till now with everyone!
I hope the same question wasn't posted before.. but I browsed the forum one day.. and found nothing.

I'm using Windows Vista 64-bit by the way..

Greetings from Italy.
Intel Core i7 3770 - MB Joshua-H61-uATX - 8 GB DDR3-1600 - Radeon HD 7570 2 GB - Windows 8.1 64-bit
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: plugins double entry

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

I tested the plugins import right now and see no problem.
If there are double entries in your menu there are several possible reasons for it:
- You have activated "Search in Sub Folders" and the plugin is found in a sub folder again
- You have activated the same plugin path twice
- You copied the plugin into the plugin folder of PhotoLine and have a path to another place

Gerhard
sovereign
Mitglied

Beitrag von sovereign »

Hi Gerhard,

I believe everything is properly set:

Bild

The way I'm following is to copy the plugins by hand in the folder (..\Photoline\Defaults\Plugins\).
I tried to remove them. They disappear from the possible choices.
Whever the plugin is placed in that folder I found this double entry. Double entry, or no entry at all.. no way.
It is annoying, but they are fully working, so I can leave with this strange behaviour (maybe due to my system), even if I prefer to understand why! :)
Do you think I have to check some environmental variable? I'm not confident in this.
Intel Core i7 3770 - MB Joshua-H61-uATX - 8 GB DDR3-1600 - Radeon HD 7570 2 GB - Windows 8.1 64-bit
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

sovereign hat geschrieben:The way I'm following is to copy the plugins by hand in the folder (..\Photoline\Defaults\Plugins\).
When you have the plugins in this folder, you don't need to setup a path to it. Plugins in this folder are always loaded.
Since you setup a path to it they are loaded twice.

Gerhard
sovereign
Mitglied

Beitrag von sovereign »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
sovereign hat geschrieben:The way I'm following is to copy the plugins by hand in the folder (..\Photoline\Defaults\Plugins\).
When you have the plugins in this folder, you don't need to setup a path to it. Plugins in this folder are always loaded.
Since you setup a path to it they are loaded twice.

Gerhard
Perfect!
It wasn't clear to me ;) Thank you!