Actions - doubt

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
sovereign
Mitglied

Actions - doubt

Beitrag von sovereign »

To set up an action I'm working on, I need to register the selection of one specific layer.
I was playing with the action's menu, and I couldn't.. the same happens with some tools, like the flood fill: the action isn't recognized.
I believe not all the things I can do are tracked, but perhaps I'm wrong.. in this case excuse and, please, advise me!
Thank you in advance.
Intel Core i7 3770 - MB Joshua-H61-uATX - 8 GB DDR3-1600 - Radeon HD 7570 2 GB - Windows 8.1 64-bit
Stefan_E
Mitglied

Re: Actions - doubt

Beitrag von Stefan_E »

Hi Sovereign,

... indeed not everything is recorded. You can select next/previous layer though through the Layer / Navigation menu options. As you can see there, there is no 'absolute' layer selection, but only next/previous. In 15.51, clicks in the layer pane are translated in a sequence of next/previous selections (depending how many layers you 'jump'). Previously, I believe that was only through the menu commands.

I find it helpful to start recording an action and then, as soon as the triangle is visible in the action pane, click on it to expand the newly recorded action: You then get direct feedback what is / is not recorded.

It makes some sense not to record too much from the tools bar as the effect is very context sensitive: You want for example flood fill inside a specific vector element. Use the action 'Pause' button to give you a chance to do the flood fill manually.

Stefan
sovereign
Mitglied

Beitrag von sovereign »

Hi Stefan, thank you for your prompt reply.

I may find some work around.. for example using the tool replace color instead the flood fill ..

Reading your post I realized there are two different ways to perform the same action: the first one is to use the mouse, the second one is to use the menu, because sometimes the same action is registered only when the menu is used.. I don't know the reason..
In my case for example.. seems to be effective the command "activate previous layer" followed by "add next layer to selection" instead shift-selecting the layers by hand..
I'm trying, I'll keep you posted..

Bye
Intel Core i7 3770 - MB Joshua-H61-uATX - 8 GB DDR3-1600 - Radeon HD 7570 2 GB - Windows 8.1 64-bit
sovereign
Mitglied

Beitrag von sovereign »

I found a good balance.. I think I can play a little more now to obtain what I want: I'm trying to separate highlights, midtones and shadows to selective apply a filter in some regions.. the problem now is to understand the best way ;) We will see..
lutz
Mitglied

Beitrag von lutz »

Sovereign, could you post the action, once you are happy with it? I would be interested in it. :D
Thanks in advance.
sovereign
Mitglied

Beitrag von sovereign »

Ciao lutz,

it's quite completed.. I'm trying to understand why it is perfect at 100% but a bit scrappy in some areas at lower percentages.. I believe the mask is not perfect..
Anyway, at the end what I supposed to work does not: the masks need to be blurried up, otherwise they are too strong..

EDIT: attached the last set of actions.. please give me your opinion ;)
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.