How to separate plug-ins in 32-bit and 64-bit versions?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
mcananeya
Mitglied

How to separate plug-ins in 32-bit and 64-bit versions?

Beitrag von mcananeya »

I am working on a system with the 64-bit version of Windows 7. I have installed the 64-bit version of PhotoLine (which works flawlessly) but, of course, many of my plug-ins are only 32-bit, so I have installed the 32-bit version as well (which also works flawlessly). But whereas MOST of my plug-ins are only 32-bit, SOME of them are available in 64-bit versions.

I would like to be able to set-up PhotoLine so that the 32-bit version of PhotoLine loads my 32-bit plugins, and the 64-bit version of PhotoLine loads my 64-bit plugins, so that I can use the 64-bit version of PhotoLine with my 64-bit plugins most of the time, and only need to use the 32-bit version of PhotoLine for certain plugins that are unavailable in 64-bit versions.

To this end, I created a folder with all of my 32-bit plugins, and a second folder with all of my 64-bit plugins and tried to direct the 32-bit version of PhotoLine to look in the 32-bit folder, and the 64-bit version to look in the 64-bit folder. My problem is that is appears as though my settings and preferences between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of PhotoLine are synchronized, so that I can't specify separate default paths (although I could manually try to switch the paths on and off depending on which version I am using). Is there any way to specify different plug-in paths in the two versions, or somehow avoid having the settings synchronized?

Best regards,
Adam
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: How to separate plug-ins in 32-bit and 64-bit versions?

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

There are several ways to solve this problem:
- it is no problem, to setup both plugin pathes. 64 Bit PhotoLine will load 64 Bit plugins only and 32 Bit PhotoLine only the 32 Bit plugins

or

- you can create two PhotoLine folders. One with 32 Bit, one with 64 Bit. Create a "User Settings" folder in each (this is USB-Mode). This way, you have different settings.

or

- you can create two PhotoLine folders. One with 32 Bit, one with 64 Bit. Copy the plugins into the "Defaults/Plugins" folder. This way you don't need to setup the plugin path.

Gerhard
mcananeya
Mitglied

Beitrag von mcananeya »

Tausend Dank, Gerhard.

MfG
Adam
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

On OS X.6.1, PL 15.54, I have it set for 32 bit mode, and I have selected a plug-ins folder. Within that folder are folders for each of the plug-ins and a few plug-ins floating around not in folders. PL32 will not load any of the plugs-ins in the designated P{lug-ins folder:

* Noise Ninja Mac 2_1_2a

* iCorrect Edit Lab Pro 4.5.3

* FocusFixer, NoiseFixer, ShadowFixer, TrueBlur from Fixer Labs

* ColorWasher

* Image Doctor

I have various filters I would like to use too, but I am familiar with these for what they do and would like to be able to use them.

These are all filters that work with earlier PhotoShop, I believe, i.e. they are not set to the latest P'shop specs.

Any ideas?

PS: I appreciate that I should be able to get most or all of the same outcomes using PL 32 as I would using the plug-ins. However, I am accustomed to these plug-ins and also use them in Canvas, so would like to use them in PL 32 if I could rather than have to learn a new routine.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Publisher, Editor, Business Writer
The Worsley Press

FREE Bonus book offer. Get "How to make great ads for (sm)all business" FREE when you buy "Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes?" or "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter". Amazon or www.worsleypress.com
greenmorpher
Mitglied

I wrote 6 days ago. I really would appreciate some support in this matter. Where do I find a "default Plug-ins" folder for PL on OS X.6.1? Should these plug-ins actually work with PL in 32 bit mode on OS X.6.1 or has Apple done something nasty that breaks the way the two connect (Os X.6.2 breaks two of my legacy carbon programs, Eudora and Personal Organizer, which leaves me sitting on OS X.6.1)?

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
The Worsley Press

FREE Bonus book offer. Get "How to make great ads for (sm)all business" FREE when you buy "Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes?" or "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter". Amazon or www.worsleypress.com
akeller
Mitglied

Beitrag von akeller »

Hello Geoffrey,
greenmorpher hat geschrieben:Where do I find a "default Plug-ins" folder for PL on OS X.6.1?
As far as I remember, you have to click with the right mouse button on the PL-Program file and than choose "open package" or "show package" (I don't have an English OSX-Version).
This will open the Package and you should see the folder-structure of the program-package. I don't remember the default plugin-folder on OSX (I do have a nasty :wink: MAC only at work) but it should be something like: /Defaults/Plugins

Cheers,
Andreas
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Ah, many thanks, Andreas. :D Right click worked exactly as you said -- but so far as I can see, it is not mentioned in the Manual, dammit, certainly not in the Plug-ins section.

However, like setting an external folder, putting the plug-ins in the Default/Plug-ins folder doesn't help. PL is still not launching the filters. Oh well. :(

Best regards, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
The Worsley Press

FREE bonus book offer. Get "How to make great ads for (sm)all business" FREE when you buy "Success in Store: how to start or buy a retail business, enjoy running it and make money: or "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter". Buy at Amazon or www.worsleypress.com
akeller
Mitglied

Beitrag von akeller »

Hello Geoffrey,

this sounds bad. Do I get it right, since "Snow leopard" (V 10.6) the plug-ins are not working any longer? They were working before on V 10.5 - Leopard? You didn't change the PL-version but only the OS-version?

Cheers,
Andreas
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

greenmorpher hat geschrieben:* Noise Ninja Mac 2_1_2a
* iCorrect Edit Lab Pro 4.5.3
* FocusFixer, NoiseFixer, ShadowFixer, TrueBlur from Fixer Labs
* ColorWasher
* Image Doctor
These are all filters that work with earlier PhotoShop, I believe, i.e. they are not set to the latest P'shop specs.
Any ideas?
this are very old style plugins with PPC code.
If you want to use it in PhotoLine, you have to setup PhotoLine to 32 Bit mode and to Rosetta.

Gerhard
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Hello Gerhard

Rosetta is installed, PL is set to 32 bit mode. Is there an extra step to "set" PL 32 to Rosetta? Rosetta is not mentioned in the Manual.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
The Ad Doctor Online

Win business with the recession-busting "How to make great ads for (sm)all business: 99 real world advertising ideas to kickstart *your* business today". See http://www.worsleypress.com
frankenstein
Betatester

Beitrag von frankenstein »

There is one checkbox in Mac OS info for switching to 32bit mode and just below a second for opening an app in Rosetta.
Michael
Macbook Pro, macOS X (X = neueste Version)
https://instagram.com/m_frankenstein/
https://frankenste.info/m/
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Thanks Frankenstein. You mean Get Info for PL installed on Mac.

So with 32 bit and Rosetta checked in PL's Get Info, of my old plug-ins tested, Color Washer is a wash-out -- it comes up, adjusts, then crashes PL on "OK" -- but others work to a greater or lesser degree (a number of the Alien Skin Splat textures don't work for more than the top half of the picture file), but that's fine.

Best regards, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
The Worsley Press

FREE bonus book offer. Get "How to make great ads for (sm)all business" FREE when you buy "Success in Store: how to start or buy a retail business, enjoy running it and make money: or "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter". Buy at Amazon or www.worsleypress.com
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Now I've got the Rosetta bit, it's picking up the filters from the external plug-ins folder as set in the PL / Preferecences / Extended / Plug-ins.

Not that these plug-ins are a lot of use in PL 32 particularly, given the capabilities of the program, but I am familiar with their interfaces and it is nice to know that they are there should I want them. :)

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
The Worsley Press

greenmorpher
Mitglied

A note:

With PL32 set to 32 bit mode and Rosetta on OS X.6.1, the symbol for the text tool does not appear in the tools palette BUT the tool can be selected by clicking on the blank space where the symbol should be. Does this happen in OS X.6.2? I don't know; I'm stuck on X.6.1 for the nonce (despite the occasional font problems) because X.6.2 breaks two of my important legacy tools, Personal Organizer and Eudora.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
The Worsley Press