How long have you been working with PL

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
wmjordan
Mitglied

How long have you been working with PL

Beitrag von wmjordan »

I've been using PL32 for many years, at least 12, if I manage to remember how long it has been, and it still runs great!

I've already forgotten what version number it was (may be 4.9 or something else) when the first time I ran PL on a 486 second-hand(or more-'hands' ^_^) laptop with only 16MB RAM. Hmm, no more image processing programs with advanced features like layers, filters, etc. could survive on that poor machine. But PL did. It was very buggy (I even found a way to use it without registration or cracking, by exploiting one of its flaws only) and it occasionally crashed once a while at that time. But it did its job well other than that.
I remembered that at the first time when I ran its installer, it claimed its authors wanted to develop it as a 'many-functioned' but small and fast application. It was so. And it is so.

Nowadays, PL32 launches, without many plugins, in less than 5 seconds on my 6 years old desktop PC running Windows XP with 1G RAM today! Still fast and 'many-functioned' and it is solid and no longer crashes.

How long have you been working with PL?
Zuletzt geändert von wmjordan am Di 02 Mär 2010 14:02, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Paul
Mitglied

Re: How long have you been working with PL

Beitrag von Paul »

Hi,

I must have been working with PL since 1996 or 1997 on my Atari. So, 13 or 14 years. Then it had no competition on the platform. I used it mainly to correct scans.
When I switched to Mac and later to Windows too, I was very happy to work with it, being a VERY affordable alternative to PS on both my computers.
And I must say, I use it more and more often. It is great fun exploring all its possibilities, like serial document and really big documents, 2,5 meters x 0,60 meters.
I run a small printing office and practically all of my posters and flyers come from PL.
I'm very happy with PL32. And, my kids (11 and 12 year old) love it, too!
I'm looking out for version 16 :wink:

- Paul
lutz
Mitglied

Beitrag von lutz »

I have been using PhotoLine since 4 years regularly; since it seemed clear that Paintshop Pro would not see any meaningful development in future. I do not regret the switch.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I had a first look at PL when I found it on a CD to a popular magazine. That must have been around Version 8 or 9. Though I liked some of its features, I found PSP6 much more usable at that time.
I switched to PL with version 11.5 when I started with photographing. I think that must be around 4-5 years ago.
akeller
Mitglied

Beitrag von akeller »

Hi wmjordan,

I know it by heart, since Apr 2009, the date I join the forum.
Before I used Corel Photo-Paint and later Gimp but PhotoLine is much more powerful and I like to work with it.

Nice, that you start some smalltalk here :) , I miss this in the PL-Forum.

Andreas
NoSi
Betatester

Beitrag von NoSi »

Hi.

I bought Photoline (V14) at 17th of Dec. 2007 approximately 10 minutes after testing the demo. It solved a challenge with creating smal jpegs for web-pages perfectly unlike PS, that was my major tool until this day. With its release (~3 month ago) I switched to Win7 and did not install my expensive Adobe Suite. And I have to admit, that I do not miss it anyway.

Meanwhile Photoline is my "swiss army knife" for my jobs. It helps on finetuning digital photographs and scans, creating pdf-documents, building master documents (flyer, catalogs, a.s.o.). All "media jobs" (except video) are solved/handled with Photoline.

NoSi
Screencasts zu Photoline: http://www.buoa.de • Win 10x64 / PL64, immer und ausschließlich die aktuellste Beta-Version.
Pjotr
Mitglied

Beitrag von Pjotr »

Hallo to all out there.

I started with Photoline at may 2009. I heared of it at a forum of photography. Before i used Paint Shop (Photo) Pro for some years.
Today i got the message of release of Version X3. Installed Demo, crashed 3 times, uninstalled an half hour later! :shock:

So what, i`m using Photoline!

Greetings Peter
wmjordan
Mitglied

Beitrag von wmjordan »

Pjotr hat geschrieben:Hallo to all out there.

I started with Photoline at may 2009. I heared of it at a forum of photography. Before i used Paint Shop (Photo) Pro for some years.
Today i got the message of release of Version X3. Installed Demo, crashed 3 times, uninstalled an half hour later! :shock:

So what, i`m using Photoline!

Greetings Peter
Yep, I remember it well that when I met PL at the first time, with that broken 486 laptop, PL was on a magazine CD. On that CD there was PSP as well. PSP did not work on that laptop for it ate a little bit more RAM than PL (I forget whether it also crashed or not), and PhotoShop was a dream. PL did survive. I also remember the fun that I first time drew with the Stamp tool here and there on the canvas like a kid, and working with the well-dithered 0.1-pixel resolution on a 256-colored 640*480 screen was the same colorful and funny as well.

The poor laptop die 2 years after that, and my drawings were gone with it, however, the bad machine had chosen a good image processor for me. I am proud that it has made a right choice.