CS4 Plugin Colorwasher 2.02 works in PL

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
greenmorpher
Mitglied

CS4 Plugin Colorwasher 2.02 works in PL

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Hello all

Further to the discussion on 32 bit and 64 bit filters. I've just received notification of Colorwasher 2.02 which is supposed to work with PShop CS4. It's for both Mac and Windows.

On Mac X.6.2 it works fine in PL set to 32 bit with or without Rosetta. Doesn't run in 64 bit mode, however. Puzzling. It is a Universal Binary. :)

Handy in EasyMode, but then again, what it does in EasyMode can also be done in the current iPhoto. In Expert Mode, it goes further, of course. How useful its capabilities are there probably depends on your ability to get the max out of PL.

Find out more about it from: http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/p ... istory.htm

Note that I have no interest in this product except as a happy long term user of the previous version.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Publisher, Editor, Business Writer
The Worsley Press

FREE Bonus book offer. Get "How to make great ads for (sm)all business" FREE when you buy "Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes?" or "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter". Amazon or http://www.worsleypress.com
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Re: CS4 Plugin Colorwasher 2.02 works in PL

While was at it, I threw in a bunch of old freebies from Flaming Pear. They worked fine in 32 bit + Rosetta mode.

That attached is Sphere Warp B and then Pixel Trash using 8 colors.

I'm NOT saying it is art~!

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Publisher, Editor, Business Writer
The Worsley Press

FREE Bonus book offer. Get "How to make great ads for (sm)all business" FREE when you buy "Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes?" or "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter". Amazon or http://www.worsleypress.com
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
lutz
Mitglied

Beitrag von lutz »

Hello Geoffrey,

I do not expect PS plugins to run in 64bit mode just yet - this is on the Macintoshs.
Photoshop CS4 for Mac (in contrast to the Win version) is not 64-bit capable. I have not heard of any 64bit Mac plugins and Colorwasher for Mac, for example, does not claim to be 64bitty for Mac.

I have the first windows version of Colorwasher but use it only very rarely, in desperate cases. It helps sometimes to improve some catastrophic shots a bit. Overall the Photoline tools seem faster for me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You are "not saying it is art". Well, this is your mistake. The bolder you state that it is, the more followers .... :D
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Ha ha, Lutz, thanks for your advice on making art claims.

Of course, that distortion produced by the Flaming Pear plug-in is one of the things PL does very well; I used the tools for that to produce a distorted picture of myself on a step ladder in the article I wrote recommending PL shortly after I first began using it.

As for the CS4 capability -- I'm not up with what Adobe is doing, I don't use any of their programs except type (and may have to start using Acrobat soon; the Apple implementation of PDF is very amateur, dammit).

I wonder whether the current Colorwasher, a CS4 plug-in, can work with PL in Windows 7.

As you say, PL's tools pretty much cover what it does, but it does do what it does pretty well, I think.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
The Ad Doctor Online

Win business with the recession-busting "How to make great ads for (sm)all business: 99 real world advertising ideas to kickstart *your* business today". See http://www.worsleypress.com