Text Cut-Off After Layer Group / Merge

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
LJK

Text Cut-Off After Layer Group / Merge

Post by LJK » Tue 25 Jan 2005 06:05

Hi -
I am liking your program very much.
It rests somewhere between the bulk and extensiveness of Photoshop
or GIMP and the sparse speed of Photo Filtre - thanks!
[Still trying to understand many of the animation tools however...;-)]

My question is this:
While creating a small image map, I noticed that in the final image the text [and its effect] was cropped about 5 px from where it should have been /
how it appeared prior to the layer merge.

I've noticed this before - merging grouped layers often cuts off a bit of the content - especially text. Is there any way to lower the type within its layer boundary so that it has more 'leeway'? Apparently, extra padding is needed around the text so that it doesn't get cropped in the layer merge?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
El

User avatar
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Posts: 3841
Joined: Mon 18 Nov 2002 15:30
Location: Bad Gögging

Re: Text Cut-Off After Layer Group / Merge

Post by Gerhard Huber » Tue 25 Jan 2005 11:09

LJK wrote:I am liking your program very much.
It rests somewhere between the bulk and extensiveness of Photoshop
or GIMP and the sparse speed of Photo Filtre - thanks!
[Still trying to understand many of the animation tools however...;-)]
My question is this:
While creating a small image map, I noticed that in the final image the text [and its effect] was cropped about 5 px from where it should have been /
how it appeared prior to the layer merge.
I've noticed this before - merging grouped layers often cuts off a bit of the content - especially text. Is there any way to lower the type within its layer boundary so that it has more 'leeway'? Apparently, extra padding is needed around the text so that it doesn't get cropped in the layer merge?
Since we don't get this problem here, it would be good if you could sent me (support@pl32.com) a sample document (in PLD format) to see where the problem is.
Do you use a special font when the problem occurs? Do you work on Mac OS or Windows?

Gerhard

LJK

Merged Layers 2

Post by LJK » Wed 26 Jan 2005 06:48

Hi -
I will send .png and .pld for you.

Am using Windows XP and yes, it was a 'special' font
installed on my system called Chocolate Box Decorative.

Hope you'll be able to help - and thanks!
El

Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2002 15:49

Re: Merged Layers 2

Post by Martin Huber » Fri 28 Jan 2005 12:13

LJK wrote:Hi -
I will send .png and .pld for you.

Am using Windows XP and yes, it was a 'special' font
installed on my system called Chocolate Box Decorative.

Hope you'll be able to help - and thanks!
El
In my opinion some metrics values in this font are not set correctly. Unfortunately PhotoLine 32 uses these metrics values :-(
We will try to fix this by checking the plausibility of these metrics values and by using other values if they are wrong.

Martin

LJK

Solution?

Post by LJK » Sun 06 Feb 2005 21:14

Hi -
I've sent an e-mail with the .pld example -
had to change the layer effect, as Glow Outside
was cut-off the most. Once converted into RGB
layer, I just drew-in the missing bits - and used
a different layer effect.

Doesn't look too bad...

Thanks again,
El.

Guest

Re: Text Cut-Off After Layer Group / Merge

Post by Guest » Sun 29 May 2005 04:17

I am testing PL32 right now and run into similar problem, What I have is Text layer, after merging or reducing to backlground will have all TEXT Lost leaving only the background image.

Wonder if this happen to others, and I am using this on a G3 on OS X 10.1.5, I have saved a PLD file and the PLD can be exported to PDF with no problem, but if I need the Photo ( with text edited onto it ) on TIFF or JPEg, I need to flatten it, and everytime it lost all text.

User avatar
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Posts: 3841
Joined: Mon 18 Nov 2002 15:30
Location: Bad Gögging

Re: Merged Layers 2

Post by Gerhard Huber » Sun 29 May 2005 10:20

LJK wrote:I will send .png and .pld for you.
Sorry, but the files didn't arrive here until now. Please send it again.

Gerhard

FR
Mitglied
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun 29 May 2005 17:18

Post by FR » Sun 29 May 2005 17:21

Hi Gerhard,

I have one file that might illustrate the problem, have save in pld & pdf format , and this file consistently lost all text layer content when merge or reduce to background. Do you want me e-mail it to you !

User avatar
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Posts: 3841
Joined: Mon 18 Nov 2002 15:30
Location: Bad Gögging

Post by Gerhard Huber » Sun 29 May 2005 17:42

FR wrote:Hi Gerhard,
I have one file that might illustrate the problem, have save in pld & pdf format , and this file consistently lost all text layer content when merge or reduce to background. Do you want me e-mail it to you !
yes, please send it to support@pl32.com then we can see what happens.

Gerhard

Guest

Post by Guest » Sun 29 May 2005 21:08

e-Mail is send with explannation in there

Guest

Post by Guest » Sun 29 May 2005 21:22

:shock: the e-mail bounc eback, Look like its too big for the post box. Here, I put it up on my online storage for your access

Problem PLD file

Whenever I merge layer ( if one is a TEXT Layer ) or reduce to background it will lost all text and the photo come out everything OK except all text vanished in the flattended final image. This trail run on G3 iBook, OS X 10.1.5 with 384 Mb Physical RAM.

I am not sure if this is version specific or even specific to combination of OS / PL32 version but I suspects

Guest

Post by Guest » Sun 29 May 2005 21:24

Don't know why, but perhaps its just my German, login after the posting .. sorry about that !!!

Michael Roek-Ramirez
Betatester
Posts: 499
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2002 16:16
Location: Darmstadt/Puebla/Shanghai

No problem

Post by Michael Roek-Ramirez » Mon 30 May 2005 19:05

Hello FR:

>Whenever I merge layer ( if one is a TEXT Layer ) or reduce to background it will lost all text and the photo come out everything OK except all text vanished in the flattended final image<

Just got your 9MB ;-)
I do not have any problem merging your layers or the complete layer set!
All shows up very fine!

Regards


Michael

FR
Mitglied
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun 29 May 2005 17:18

Post by FR » Tue 31 May 2005 00:06

Yeah, I suspect that would be the case too, it looks to me probably this is version specific to the environment. I will be trying to isolate that with my other Mac, I believe its probably realting to what the Mac runs on

I will let you know about it if I find anything of note .. BTW, is there any place I can dowdload previous version of the software just to verify the problem between different combo of OS / environment / PL32 versions

Franka

Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2002 15:49

Post by Martin Huber » Tue 31 May 2005 16:46

FR wrote:Yeah, I suspect that would be the case too, it looks to me probably this is version specific to the environment. I will be trying to isolate that with my other Mac, I believe its probably realting to what the Mac runs on

I will let you know about it if I find anything of note .. BTW, is there any place I can dowdload previous version of the software just to verify the problem between different combo of OS / environment / PL32 versions

Franka
I can reproduce your problem on Mac OS with the given Zapfino font. The Zapfino font has very extreme side bearings and ligatures. We are going to investigate the resulting problem(s).
Using another font should solve this problem.

Martin