PL32 bug saving pictures with many layers to .PSD format

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Mark

PL32 bug saving pictures with many layers to .PSD format

Beitrag von Mark »

Hello,

I have a .PLD picture with many layers (37, including the background layer). The size of the picture is 720x480. When I save the document as .PSD file (Photoshop document), and open up that file, I find that most of the layers are missing; only the first 6 layers have been saved.

Either this is a bug in PL32 or perhaps a limitation of the Photoshop document format (but I doubt it).

I am using PL 10.51 on a IBM T30 laptop running Windows XP.

Please help.

Thanks,

Mark.

PS. I can email the file if anyone wants to reproduce the bug.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: PL32 bug saving pictures with many layers to .PSD format

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Mark hat geschrieben:I have a .PLD picture with many layers (37, including the background layer). The size of the picture is 720x480. When I save the document as .PSD file (Photoshop document), and open up that file, I find that most of the layers are missing; only the first 6 layers have been saved.Either this is a bug in PL32 or perhaps a limitation of the Photoshop document format (but I doubt it).
I am using PL 10.51 on a IBM T30 laptop running Windows XP.
Did you try to save it with the latest version 11.50 of PhotoLine 32?

Gerhard
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Thank you for your reply. Gerhard. I will try the new version of Photoline tonight.
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

I just purchased the upgrade to PL version 11.50. Unfortunately, the bug is not fixed. PL only saves the top 5 layers of the document. The rest of the layers are gone.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Anonymous hat geschrieben:I just purchased the upgrade to PL version 11.50. Unfortunately, the bug is not fixed. PL only saves the top 5 layers of the document. The rest of the layers are gone.
Can you send me such a document in PLD format? The pictures I tested work fine.

Gerhard
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Gerhard,

I sent you a sample file called BUG.PLD. After you save it as a .PSD file, try exiting Photoline, then reopening the file. It also might help if you tried to open the .PSD file in Photoshop.

Please let me know if you can reproduce the problem.

Mark.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Anonymous hat geschrieben:I sent you a sample file called BUG.PLD. After you save it as a .PSD file, try exiting Photoline, then reopening the file. It also might help if you tried to open the .PSD file in Photoshop.
Please let me know if you can reproduce the problem.
I got the file and I see the problem.
It occurs sometimes on layers that have a position of x.3 or so. To avoid the problem in version 11.50 you can place the y-position of all layers on exact positions.
We will fix the problem in version 11.51

Gerhard
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Hi Gerhard,

Thank you for your quick response. What exactly do you mean, a position of x.3? Do you mean the layer has a coordinate which is a fractional pixel? What is the easiest way to fix this?
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

To clarify, is there a minor modification that I can make to my document so that it will convert to a .PSD file correctly using the existing version of the software?
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Anonymous hat geschrieben:To clarify, is there a minor modification that I can make to my document so that it will convert to a .PSD file correctly using the existing version of the software?
you are right, the problem is the fractional pixel position.
Activate the layer with the problem (the first that doesn't appear after loading) and select "Layer/Layer information". Reenter here the y position and press OK. You can see the exact position in the attributes dialog.

Gerhard
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

A very subtle bug indeed... Your fix corrected the problem.

Thanks!