Layer Select Paths/Vectors - Workflow Issues

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
kevjon
Mitglied

Re: Layer Select Paths/Vectors - Workflow Issues

Beitrag von kevjon »

I'm still having problems with this in 20.52 but might be missing something obvious.

Is there a way to select an individual vector path within a group on screen ?
I have hundreds of vector paths within the group so finding the right one in the layer dialog is not possible.

The layer tool selects the top level vector group. It doesn't select sub groups of the top level vector group or individual vectors.
If I use the layer tool (deep selection) it only seems to want to select raster layers.

Any advice or help to select individual vectors would be welcome ?
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Deep-selecting vector paths works here (PL 20.50). If you have a bitmap layer covering the vector layers (or, more generally, one layer covering another), you can select objects underneath by either clicking again or by holding the mouse button while pressing arrow-down (depending on the "prefer dragging" setting). Have a look in the manual, too.

You can also lock layers against selection by the layer tool (one of the icons in the layer panel).

If you turn deep selection off and select a layer in a group, the layer tool will select a layer in the same group (but it will select in the top level group if you don't hit anything in the current group).

Cheers

Burkhard.
kevjon
Mitglied

Beitrag von kevjon »

I do have normal raster layers above and below my vector layers & groups. Weird, deep selection is now working fine for me too. When I posted this, I think I was double clicking with deep selection on so that was the reason for my issues. So thanks for letting me know a single click is all that is needed.

I never knew about holding the mouse down and pressing the down arrow. That is a great tip for cycling through the layers or vectors under your mouse pointer till you locate the one you want ! I can see myself using that a lot now that I know about it.

I'll read up more about the layer tool. It does a lot !