How do you tweak your color, RGB or HSV?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
wmjordan
Mitglied

How do you tweak your color, RGB or HSV?

Beitrag von wmjordan »

Hello there, I am just curious about how do you tweak your color?
Which mode do you use oftener, RGB or HSV?

I like HSV mode since it is easier to get the color I want: Hue for which color, red or green; Saturation for how "pure" the color will be; and Value for the brightness of the color.
Pekele

Beitrag von Pekele »

Hi,
Most of the time i use a set of color.
PL32 can import Gimp's palette.
It is usefull.

Pekele
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: How do you tweak your color, RGB or HSV?

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

wmjordan hat geschrieben:Hello there, I am just curious about how do you tweak your color?
Which mode do you use oftener, RGB or HSV?

I like HSV mode since it is easier to get the color I want: Hue for which color, red or green; Saturation for how "pure" the color will be; and Value for the brightness of the color.
I use both equally. If I need a "new" color, I usually use HSV, but if I have to modify an existing one, I do this often in RGB ("less red", "more green", ...).

Martin
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

Pekele hat geschrieben:Hi,
Most of the time i use a set of color.
PL32 can import Gimp's palette.
It is usefull.
I'm curious how to import other color palettes. I might have an older version of GIMP. In its "palettes" folder are a lot of filenames with no file-type extension on them. When I try to import them I just get a palette of blank boxes in PhotoLine where the colors should be.

Should they first be converted to another format? Not that I would know how, it's been years since I've used GIMP.

I also have a lot of other color preset palettes from other programs like PhotoImpact, Canvas, Painter, and other graphic editing utilities. Is there a way to import any of these too? It would be nice to have some of the Pantone palettes, and others.

Also, now that I've tried to load other palettes that don't work, they still show up in the right-click options. Is there a way to remove them from that list?

I just thought of something else, is there a way to import pattern, texture, and blend palettes from my other old programs? If not it would be nice if there was a library of these available as extras to download from somewhere.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Most of the time I just pick a color from the picture I'm working with. Beside of that I'm doing it like Martin.
pegasus
Mitglied

Beitrag von pegasus »

Hi,
I use too the same “path key” used by Hoogo for selecting colors.
By the way, is there a way to improve Color Editor so you can select a color (with Color Picker) from an image active or inactive. This is especially useful when you want to add a specific color to a Text or define Color Blend from a reference image (in both case using Color Editor . This way is very fast to edit and pick color you need.
Excuse my english (hope it is clear what I want to say, other way, will send a linked image :)

regards,

Pegasus
pegasus
Mitglied

Beitrag von pegasus »

Hello to all,
this is what I meant, to improve the Color Editor

http://www.mcaiafa.com/coloreditor/Colo ... Picker.jpg

greetings

Pegasus