PSD feature request

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
shane
Mitglied

PSD feature request

Beitrag von shane »

Would it be possible to add group support when you export a Photoshop file from PhotoLine? PSD import seems to be very robust but this one missing feature is the ONLY reason I ever open Photoshop. We create documents with many layers that need to be grouped and organized for our clients. I would love to complete the entire project in PhotoLine and provide an exported psd.

Thanks,

-Shane
-Shane
shane
Mitglied

Re: PSD feature request

Beitrag von shane »

Just bumping this thread to see if I can get one of the Huber Brothers to weigh in on if this is a possibility in a future version?

Thanks,

-Shane
-Shane
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

at the moment there are no plans to improve the PSD export. The efforts would be high and there are not many users that want this.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

How hard would it be to add only group support for PSD export? I also think that addition would be quite useful. I never asked for it, because I still use Photoshop to open PhotoLine generated PSD files, and group/organize layers, and export again (for layered texture import in other apps).

But simple layer grouping support that mirrors the layer groups in PhotoLine would save some time for me too. And I can imagine how PhotoLine users may not have access to Photoshop to perform this task. I do know that layered PSD export is quite important to many users out there.

However, having said this, I don't know how much effort it would be to include a PSD layer group export option.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
shane
Mitglied

Beitrag von shane »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:at the moment there are no plans to improve the PSD export. The efforts would be high and there are not many users that want this.
Thanks for the answer Gerhard, I understand if it is too much work to implement it won't be feasible for just a small group of users. To use PhotoLine in production is a very important feature to share files with other agencies. As Herbert said this would be a fantastic addition if it could be added to PhotoLine and I would not need to depend on Photoshop any longer.

-Shane
-Shane