Req: Command Palette like sublime text

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
rail4you
Mitglied

Req: Command Palette like sublime text

Beitrag von rail4you »

Photoline has many commands. Some commands have their shortcuts, some are buried deep in the layered menu. It is hard to find or use some minor commands.

I know some text editors can do such jobs well. For example, sublime text(https://www.sublimetext.com/) has command palette feature. Command Palette is a tiny window with a search bar. You can type some characters in the search bar to filter any command in sublime text. 2 or 3 characters are enough to find the right command. This keyboard driven workflow is simple and effective.

Emacs and Jetbrains IDE also has similar feature. Emacs use "M-x" to find commands, Jetbrains IDE has an even more effective system named "search in everywhere" (You can press shift twice to open it). Jetbrains give you a custom mini toolbar feature too (I know photoline already has such feature).

Photoline 20 adds a search bar to filter layers, it is nice. I hope there will be a command palette panel in photoline.
screenshot_918.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
bkh
Betatester

Re: Req: Command Palette like sublime text

Beitrag von bkh »

rail4you hat geschrieben:I know some text editors can do such jobs well. For example, sublime text(https://www.sublimetext.com/) has command palette feature. Command Palette is a tiny window with a search bar. You can type some characters in the search bar to filter any command in sublime text. 2 or 3 characters are enough to find the right command. This keyboard driven workflow is simple and effective.
Just go to the help menu and type a few characters into the search field. It will show you the corresponding menu commands (and their menu location) below. Just like in any other application. (Just wondering: maybe this is an OS X feature?)

Cheers

Burkhard.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

yes, it's from macOS and therefore macOS only :-(
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I second this. I use similar options all the time in Blender, and other applications.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait