Another simple question

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Another simple question

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Look out I'm on a roll!

I have a large commission for several hundred A4 and A3+ prints. I need to copy my Actions from my editing computer to my print computer. How do I find where my actions are saved so I can copy them over to the other computer.

regards
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Another simple question

Beitrag von photoken »

They're in
\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\PhotoLine
which is usually on your system C: drive.

FWIW, I've got a separate directory created at
D:\Data\PhotoLine
and under that directory I've got these subdirectories:
Presets
Actions
Brushes
Gradients
Guides
hlp
Palettes
PhotoLineImages
where I save my custom items.

Makes it a snap to backup, etc.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Ken. But! But not on my computer. I have no AppData directory! The only roaming gives me Intel info.

I can't find any Photoline info other than want's in \Program Files.

Regards
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

AppData is a hidden folder in Windows. You must turn on "show hidden files". Depends a bit on the windows version you have how to do this. Type "show hidden files in WIndows X" (replacing X with your windows version) in Google.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben:I have a large commission for several hundred A4 and A3+ prints. I need to copy my Actions from my editing computer to my print computer. How do I find where my actions are saved so I can copy them over to the other computer.
Why don't you just save the actions to a new file using the context menu in the Actions panel? (Use "Merge" on the ohter computer if you don't want to lose the existing actions.)

Cheers

Burkhard.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben:Thanks Ken. But! But not on my computer. I have no AppData directory!
The easiest way to open the AppData directory is by opening an Explorer window and typing "%appdata%" in the address bar and hitting Return.

Martin
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks everyone. But look as I may no sign of any Photoline. I have found others such as Krita. But No Photoline.

At this time time is against me. Rather than pursuing this I will try to replicate the Actions by redoing them.

Again thanks for the feedback. Another day.

regards
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben:Thanks everyone. But look as I may no sign of any Photoline. I have found others such as Krita. But No Photoline.
If there is no "PhotoLine" folder in "%appdata%" then you maybe have a "PhotoLineSettings" (or "UserSettings") folder in the directory of "PhotoLine.exe".
bruce1951 hat geschrieben:At this time time is against me. Rather than pursuing this I will try to replicate the Actions by redoing them.
You can also do what Burkhard wrote: Open the Action panel and save the actions.

Martin