PL for printing

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

PL for printing

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Just curious!!

I use QImage for all my print work. Has some editing but it's main purpose is for printing. Print setups with the correct profiles etc etc etc. Good solid proofing.

Any chance that Photoline may go down this path in the future? It would be nice to have one nice neat package. Something that would/could save print presets with the appropriate paper, printer, sizes etc.

Just a Christmas hint!!!

regards
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: PL for printing

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

You are aware PhotoLine's browser can create contact sheets with rows and columns, and already offers a number of paper size presets?

PhotoLine is fully colour managed, and offers PDF proofing.

Downsampling algorithms in PhotoLine are also excellent (Catmul-Rom/Mitchell-Netravali).

Aside from the page-filling option in Qimage, could you be more specific as to what features are missing in PhotoLine?
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Herbert123.
With QImage I can save a 'job'. Like a preset. ie. I have a client who I often print for. Same criteria. So I can create a 'job' that includes the printer, paper size, paper profile, ink type, colour management, ICC profiles, etc etc. Then each time that client want some reprints I simply call up his 'job' and know all the settings are correct. Then if another client wants a reprint I simply call up their 'job'. QImage then sets all the criteria for that job. ie, paper size and type etc etc. QImages soft proofing 'reflects' any changes.
Yes QImage does all the layouts as well but I only ever print one by one.

I guess rather than relying on the printers dialog it would be nice if PL had a more 'advanced' print module.

regads
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

I'm with Bruce. I don’t print that much, but when I do, I want it to be repeatable.

Cheers, Geoff
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I wouldn't expect PL to go down the feature rich path of QImage. But it would be nice to have the ability to save printing options similar to Actions. Hmmmm. Now there's an idea.

regards
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

You print it once. it would be nice if PL simply saved the print commands.

Cheers, Geoff