Adding ICC profiles

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
pkr1979
Mitglied

Adding ICC profiles

Beitrag von pkr1979 »

Hi,

I've added grayscales icc profiles in both my public and hidden library on my mac. However, these do not show when I go to Tool, Color, Set Color Profile... does anyone know how I can fix this?

Cheers
Peter
bkh
Betatester

Re: Adding ICC profiles

Beitrag von bkh »

You probably don't see greyscale profiles because your image isn't a greyscale image (but RGB, CMYK, or the like). Greyscale profiles can only be added to greyscale images (even if your image only has grey tone values but is technically an RGB image).
To turn your image into a greyscale image, you can use "Convert Layer Type".

Btw., are you sure you want to set a colour profile, not convert with (to) a colour profile? If you want to do a greyscale conversion, the usual way is to do it in RGB using, e.g., the grey mixer, then convert to a (technically) grey image using an appropriate greyscale profile.

Cheers

Burkhard.
pkr1979
Mitglied

Beitrag von pkr1979 »

Hi!

And thanks :-) The photo is a 16 bit greyscale. And I get up both greyscale and color profiles, just not the one I put there. I need it to be a grayscale as I am converting it to a positive (its a scanned negative) using colorperfect. When I export the final image I might use an rgb profile.

Cheers
Peter
pkr1979
Mitglied

Beitrag von pkr1979 »

Sorry - you are right. This negative was scanned in RGB... do you know if its possible to convert it to grayscale?
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

You can convert the layer type in the layer attributes (view > panels > layer attributes, usually below the layer list).
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
pkr1979
Mitglied

Beitrag von pkr1979 »

Brilliant! Thanks :-)
pkr1979
Mitglied

Beitrag von pkr1979 »

By the way, there is the possibility of selecting Monochrome or Grey... whats the difference?
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Monochrome is 1 bit, 2 colors, black and white, nothing in between or beyound.
EDIT: When you are in document mode, you find an entry "color" in the layer attributes. Then you have white and a color instead of black.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!