Tool shapes

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Tool shapes

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

PL's tools such as the eraser, water too, and burn in/hold back tools, can be either square or round with various variants of those two basic shapes through adjusting "roundness".

Fine.

The next step, though, is one I see improved -=- or made more complex, to be honest! :)

The inner radius is in proportion to the outer radius, so if you have a narrow rectangle and you make the inner radius quite small, you get a very large tapering off area at each end, but only a small one at each side.

Would it be possible to change the inner shape size and location within the outer shape so that you could have little or no tapering off at the ends and a larger tapering off on one side? I would prefer the ability to make such an adjustment since I very often have pictures that need that sort of tool.

Or would this make a ridiculously large impact on code and app size?

Cheers, Geoff
bruce1951
Mitglied

Re: Tool shapes

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Geoff what we need is an 'offset' setting. Outer size. Inner size and a center offset size. But 'offset' to the right? Left? Top or bottom? Or an angle?

bruce
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

greenmorpher hat geschrieben: Fr 12 Mai 2017 06:09Would it be possible to change the inner shape size and location within the outer shape so that you could have little or no tapering off at the ends and a larger tapering off on one side?
Maybe it's easier to just define a custom brush in these cases. Just paint your brush shape in PL with your preferred softening at the edges (black on white bg), then just cut and paste the image into the brush shape box. (You can also add the shape to your brush shape palette.)

Cheers

Burkhard.

P.S. I tend to agree that the current behaviour for controlling the softness for oval or rectangluar (non-square) brushes isn't that useful – I'd prefer equal softness on each side.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Some times I need a brush that has zero taper along one edge and a lot of fade along the other edge. Ie if I'm erasing along an object with a straight edge.

Just thinking out aloud. And hoping the right folks are reading what I'm thinking!!!!

bruce
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Yes, the same all round, as you PS, burkhard.

And yes, have that accompanied by an offset capability, as Bruce suggests.

That would do me fine.

The problem with the brush notion, burkhard, is that nearly all the stuff I do using these tools is quick and dirty -- so I want a Q&D (.e. ready made) tool solution. :)

Cheers, Geoff