Expanding borders

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Paul
Mitglied

Expanding borders

Beitrag von Paul »

Hi,

is there an easy way to expand the outer most pixels of a picture? Sometimes I need this to create some artificial bleed. I have done this with the rectangle lasso. It could be a bit like the 'Move content' filter, but then expanding in all directions.

- Paul
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Expanding borders

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Paul hat geschrieben: Fr 02 Jun 2017 11:21 is there an easy way to expand the outer most pixels of a picture? Sometimes I need this to create some artificial bleed. I have done this with the rectangle lasso. It could be a bit like the 'Move content' filter, but then expanding in all directions.
How about actually using the "Move Layer Content" filter?
There are three steps:
- Enlarge the layer by the double of the frame size using "Layer > Change Layer Size". The original content should stay at the top left.
- Use "Filter > Other > Move Layer Content" to move the content to the bottom right and thus creating the replications at the top and at the left.
- Use "Filter > Other > Move Layer Content" with the negative frame width the move the original content the center. This will create the replications at the bottom and at the right.

Of course you can record an action doing this.

Martin
Paul
Mitglied

Re: Expanding borders

Beitrag von Paul »

Yes, that's what I was looking for. Thanks.

- Paul