Photoline 20.02 issues with saving images

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
NZAPE
Mitglied

Photoline 20.02 issues with saving images

Beitrag von NZAPE »

Hi...

I've just started having an issue with saving images i.e. jpeg's to my windows 10 documents folder. I keep getting an error saying I don't have permission. I've reset all the folders to give me user rights and permissions to write but still no joy. Here's the funny thing I can load the same image into other software, mischief, studio paint, Modo and save the image to the same directory with the same name no problem, I can even copy and paste the very same file into the problem folder again no issue. Is there a permissions issue with photoline that other software doesn't have?
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Photoline 20.02 issues with saving images

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

NZAPE hat geschrieben: Do 10 Aug 2017 06:24I've just started having an issue with saving images i.e. jpeg's to my windows 10 documents folder.
This means, that it worked before?
And the "windows 10 documents folder" is the current user's "Documents" folder?
NZAPE hat geschrieben: Do 10 Aug 2017 06:24I keep getting an error saying I don't have permission. I've reset all the folders to give me user rights and permissions to write but still no joy. Here's the funny thing I can load the same image into other software, mischief, studio paint, Modo and save the image to the same directory with the same name no problem, I can even copy and paste the very same file into the problem folder again no issue. Is there a permissions issue with photoline that other software doesn't have?
I don't know of any problem and I don't know of any reason why there should be a problem.

I can't reproduce this problem here on Windows 10. I tried it with both an administrator account and simple user account. Saving to "Documents" and to "Pictures" worked without problem.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Just an idea: Maybe some other task is locking that file? Like the picture browser of PL?
Unfortunately I don't know how to check what process is locking a file.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
NZAPE
Mitglied

Beitrag von NZAPE »

Yeah it's the strangest thing...

I have no doubt it has something to do with windows 10 creator upgrade...I had to roll back the upgrade to a previous version and that has now corrupted the hard drive...I am no longer able to save to my c drive even though I have reset all the permission on the drive along with resetting the ownership of the drive, but unfortunately this seems to make little difference. Microsoft is the biggest ransom ware company on the planet....!

Thanks for the reply