Automatic corrections

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Automatic corrections

Beitrag von photoken »

MikeFromMesa hat geschrieben: Di 26 Sep 2017 14:19
photoken hat geschrieben: Di 26 Sep 2017 02:58 No, it's just the opposite. Each of the layers was added to provide the necessary corrections for my camera, and the values in those layers are chosen to specifically enhance the RAW images from my camera.
Perhaps I have some basic misunderstanding of how adjustment layers work, or perhaps I misunderstand your statement, but I do not see how this is possible
It's possible because I'm in somewhat of a unique situation: my camera is the Panasonic ZS100 -- a compact camera with a large zoom ratio. Although its sensor is large for a compact camera, the sensor is still quite small. So, there are several adjustments which must be made to every image: chromatic aberration correction and extreme sharpening are the most important.

What I did was to wait for a nice sunny day, and in the late afternoon I mounted the camera on a tripod, set the ISO to the "base" level of the camera (125), set the lens to a focal length of 50mm (equivalent) and used an aperture in the middle of its range.

The subject matter contained portions in direct sunlight as well as significant areas in shadow:
P1000099.jpg
In PhotoLine, I used the RAW adjustment layer to correct the chromatic aberration, added as much sharpening as possible without creating artifacts, and tweaked the Color Balance, White Point, Histogram and Curves until I got a "perfect" rendition of the scene. Then I saved that adjustment layer as my "basic" preset for the camera.

I'm confident that most of those adjustments (and their values) will need to be applied to any image taken with the camera, whether it's a vanilla ice cream cone on a snowbank at high noon or if it's a black cat in a coal bin at midnight. :wink: At the very least, those "basic" adjustments will be an excellent starting point for other images....
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Re: Automatic corrections

Beitrag von MikeFromMesa »

photoken hat geschrieben: Di 26 Sep 2017 23:53
MikeFromMesa hat geschrieben: Di 26 Sep 2017 14:19
photoken hat geschrieben: Di 26 Sep 2017 02:58 No, it's just the opposite. Each of the layers was added to provide the necessary corrections for my camera, and the values in those layers are chosen to specifically enhance the RAW images from my camera.
Perhaps I have some basic misunderstanding of how adjustment layers work, or perhaps I misunderstand your statement, but I do not see how this is possible
It's possible because I'm in somewhat of a unique situation: my camera is the Panasonic ZS100 -- a compact camera with a large zoom ratio. Although its sensor is large for a compact camera, the sensor is still quite small. So, there are several adjustments which must be made to every image: chromatic aberration correction and extreme sharpening are the most important.

What I did was to wait for a nice sunny day, and in the late afternoon I mounted the camera on a tripod, set the ISO to the "base" level of the camera (125), set the lens to a focal length of 50mm (equivalent) and used an aperture in the middle of its range.

The subject matter contained portions in direct sunlight as well as significant areas in shadow:
P1000099.jpg
In PhotoLine, I used the RAW adjustment layer to correct the chromatic aberration, added as much sharpening as possible without creating artifacts, and tweaked the Color Balance, White Point, Histogram and Curves until I got a "perfect" rendition of the scene. Then I saved that adjustment layer as my "basic" preset for the camera.

I'm confident that most of those adjustments (and their values) will need to be applied to any image taken with the camera, whether it's a vanilla ice cream cone on a snowbank at high noon or if it's a black cat in a coal bin at midnight. :wink: At the very least, those "basic" adjustments will be an excellent starting point for other images....
Ah. Now I see what you are doing. I think that is a very good idea of how to get a good starting set of adjustments.

Thank you for sharing that.