What is the "+" in the middle of my photo?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

What is the "+" in the middle of my photo?

Beitrag von MikeFromMesa »

I have noticed that when I add adjustment layers to an image I see a "+" sign in the middle of the image. It does not appear when I initially open the image, raw or jpg, and does not happen if I only use Tools to adjust the image, but does if I add the equivalent adjustment layer, so I opened the manual to see what the "+" means. Unfortunately I could not find anything in the manual to describe what this icon means and I am left guessing.

I assume it means that I have added layers but, like most of my assumptions, that might well be wrong so can anyone tell me what that icon means?

Thank you.
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: What is the "+" in the middle of my photo?

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Is it pink?
Then it is the center of the new layer, called rotation point, and there should also be green handles in corners and edges of the layer.
And the layer tool is currently active.

All layers that can be moved, rotated and so on have this little icon. You can grab it and move is around, next point a little outside of an edge and rotate.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Beitrag von MikeFromMesa »

Hoogo hat geschrieben: Sa 30 Sep 2017 20:04 Is it pink?
Then it is the center of the new layer, called rotation point, and there should also be green handles in corners and edges of the layer.
And the layer tool is currently active.

All layers that can be moved, rotated and so on have this little icon. You can grab it and move is around, next point a little outside of an edge and rotate.
Ah. That would explain why it only shows up when I add layers.

My first thought was that it might be the focus point as the photos I was processing were all center focus point, but this makes a lot more sense.

Thank you.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Hoogo hat geschrieben: Sa 30 Sep 2017 20:04All layers that can be moved, rotated and so on have this little icon. You can grab it and move is around, next point a little outside of an edge and rotate.
And you can turn it off with the corresponding icon in the tool settings of the layer tool.

Martin