Cropping tool question

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Cropping tool question

Beitrag von MikeFromMesa »

I have found 2 ways to crop in PL. One involves drawing a rectangular lasso and then using the crop button in the Tool Settings box. That works properly for me and I have no question about how to use this.

The second way is to use the crop icon. That seems to produce a crop based on the original image ratio and I have not been able to see any way to make this crop tool work in an unconstrained fashion. Is there some way to use the crop icon and draw the crop with the horizontal and vertical sizes independent of each other?

Thank you.
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Re: Cropping tool question

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

When using the crop tool, if you set the width and height in the Tool Settings panel to empty or zero, and uncheck Resolution, the crop is unconstrained.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

MikeFromMesa hat geschrieben: Fr 06 Okt 2017 01:32 The second way is to use the crop icon. That seems to produce a crop based on the original image ratio and I have not been able to see any way to make this crop tool work in an unconstrained fashion. Is there some way to use the crop icon and draw the crop with the horizontal and vertical sizes independent of each other?
Like most tools, you can unlock/lock the image ratio by pressing the shift key while dragging.

Cheers

Burkhard.
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Beitrag von MikeFromMesa »

bkh hat geschrieben: Fr 06 Okt 2017 07:37 Like most tools, you can unlock/lock the image ratio by pressing the shift key while dragging.
Thank you. Again, once you know how to do something, it is easy.