Vignette?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Vignette?

Beitrag von MikeFromMesa »

I have been looking for a tool in PL to remove vignetting, but have not found anything and have not seen anything in the manual. I have been using the copy and remove tools to take care of vignetting but was wondering if there was some tool specifically designed to remove the darker corners.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Vignette?

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

there is a video (in German) how to do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIusZTqnzrg
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Thank you.

I guess that is the Windows version of PhotoLine so I will try to figure out what the corresponding Mac commands are.
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

I wanted to say that I have followed the video example and understand how to do this on the Mac. The idea seems to be to use a circular graduated filter, black on the inner part of the circle fading to white at the edges, and then to apply an adjustment using that filter. The idea is very clever, and it seems to work, but I have not yet been able to get it to work well enough so that I can remove the sky vignetting without making the sky look overly adjusted and drawing people's eyes to the corners that I do not want noticed.

One of the problems seems to be that using such a graduated filter ends up lightening parts of the sky that I do not want lightened in trying to get rid of the dark vignetting I am getting from my main lens. I will continue to work on this trying to figure out how to change the filter so that it adjusts only the corners of the image but I wanted to say that I think it would be advantageous to actually have a vignette adjustment in PL to take care of this without having the user go through the steps to try to create a filter, then adjust it so that it applies where needed, and then to pick the proper way to apply that filter.

Just a comment.