Help with artifacts

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Help with artifacts

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I have a problem that I can't currently get my brain around.

I have been fighting Topaz re plugin issues. After a lot of 'yelling' they finally conceded and admitted there was an issue. So now Topaz is 'almost' working. I say almost because I have encountered another issue. However before I start another yelling match I thought I would ask here in case it's a me problem or a PL problem.

I open a 160meg tiff in PL. (6000x4000). I send it to Topaz Studio. Select a preset. Now the preset/look I'm after is a very flat/cartoon look. In the Topaz preview all looks fine. But when I close Topaz and the tiff reappears in PL I have numerous white artifacts. Like the image has been over sharpened.
I have attached a small crop showing the white artifacts.
So my question is. Where are these artifacts coming from? Topaz doesn't show them regardless of zooming right in. But they are obvious once loaded into PL.

Edit - I forgot to say that the artifacts only appear where dark shadows/blacks and highlights/whites join. In smooth transitions or solid colours there are no artifacts.

bruce
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Re: Help with artifacts

Beitrag von MikeFromMesa »

Perhaps you can post the original tiff so some of us can try to reproduce the issue?

Again, this may be OS related or an intrinsic problem with Studio. Unless we can try to reproduce the issue it is hard to know. It would also help to have a step-by-step recipe to make sure we do the same things that you did.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Mike I had a good nights sleep. And started again this morning. I ran about a dozen tiff's through the same steps. Only the original one had the artifacts. So back to the beginning. Seems that when I converted the NEF to the Tiff I had over sharpened the image. No idea how. Not obvious until I edited it in Studio.

Lesson learned? Er don't make assumptions when you are tired.

bruce
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Beitrag von MikeFromMesa »

Glad to hear it is all working properly now.