EXIF data

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

EXIF data

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

OK I'm having a bad day!!

I've lost all my EXIF data.I never changed anything!! Honest!! :)
So what did I do and how can I get my exif data back?

bruce
bkh
Betatester

Re: EXIF data

Beitrag von bkh »

Can you describe the problem in more detail? In particular, how is this related to PhotoLine?

If you didn't change anything, why don't you simply restore the file from backup?

Cheers

Burkhard.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I'm referring to PL. I tried other editors such as PSPx8 and the Exif information is in the file.(I thought I may have stripped the files).

OK I have a custom layout. Of which one panel is the Document/Layer panel.

Under Document/Layer I always had the Document and Exif information. These are now blank. Nothing there at all. With a bit of fiddling I was able to get some Exif information. But it was all jumbled and hard on the right side and not readable.

If I double tap/click on the Exif a window appears with all the Exif information mid screen. I have to close it again to continue to work.

So the Exif information is available. just not appearing in the panel.
Other information is there such as dimensions, scaling. But it's all greyed out. But sometime there is nothing at all.
I've tried a different custom layout and the same thing is happening.

bruce
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Does that happen only with one particular file? If so, I'd send it to info@pl32.com. Maybe the EXIF information is somehow corrupted and gets PL off track.

You could also copy the file, trim it to 128 x 128 Pixels, say, and attach it here (the EXIF data should stay the same) if it shows the same symptoms.

If this happens with lots of other files as well, then probably there's something wrong with your copy of PL. You could try a fresh copy of PL in USB stick mode first, or run your installed PL in USB stick mode.

Cheers

Burkhard.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks.
No it happens with every file. Jpegs. Tiffs. PL files. New files and all old files.
All files show the Exif information in other programs.

Somehow PL is scrambling the Exif information.
I have just up dated from 20.51 to 20.52 so it may have something to do with the update.

I should have also included the fact that the Document information is also missing!!! Sorry.
So in the panel I have the Document and Layer tab. In the Document tab the Document and Exif information are both blank/empty. I was able to get some scrambled Exif information but I can't even get that now.

wait! I now see Exif information has reappeared down on the rightside below Pixel Snappi...... Pushed hard up against the right side. The start of it appears behind the No radio button.

bruce
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Fr 05 Jan 2018 01:17 Somehow PL is scrambling the Exif information.
I have just up dated from 20.51 to 20.52 so it may have something to do with the update.
So it seems to be a PL problem. In any case, EXIF in the Document attributes tab works here (macOS 10.13.2). Maybe somebody on Windows (what version do you use?) can check if EXIF display is broken in the Win version of 20.52. Otherwise, I'd try the USB mode to check if there's a problem with your preferences/display layout somehow.

Cheers

Burkhard.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Burkhard. It has been working ok. But something has changed that could well be of my own doing.

When I get time I will unistall 20.52 and make a fresh start. Thankfully PL is one of those easy programs tp reinstall.

bruce
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

An update.
I uninstalled 20.52.
Re installed it.
Went to View/Panels.
Selected Document Attributes.

Now Documents - Layers Panel appears,
Select Documents.
On the left I get Information.
Two arrows, One for Document Information and one for Exif. If I select either both come up empty regardless of which file I load.

If I double click on an arrow PL opens a window with all the information. But it wasn't like this before. The Document and Exif information were under the arrow heads.

This is not one of those issues that stops me from working. But it annoys me that I've done something and can't figure out what???

bruce
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Further update.
I have a desktop computer that I use exclusively for printing. Calibrated monitor etc etc.
I have PL 20.00 on it. Document and Exif information all worked fine.
I have just installed PL 20.52 on the desk top computer and the Document and Exif data have vanished. Exact same thing as my work computer.
I then uninstalled all Photoline from the computer.
I then installed PL 20.51 on the computer. Document and Exif data are there and working fine.
I then went back to my work computer. Uninstalled PL 20.52. Then reinstalled PL 20.51. Document and Exif data are back and working fine.

I will point out that no other changes were made. Zero. None.

So the culprit is PL 20.52.

bruce
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Just an update.
I just downloaded and installed 20.53. Exif data now works fine.

bruce