quiet

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

quiet

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Just wondering if everyone is busy or don't have any questions? The forum has been very quiet lately.

bruce
Paul
Mitglied

Re: quiet

Beitrag von Paul »

Well, yes, I have some question.
If I want to make a document with textflow on only the odd pages, and images on the even pages, what is the best way to do this? Not automatic flow from one page to the next, because there is always a textframe missing on the even pages. And manual text flow is not really possible from one page to another, is it? I can put a tiny connected textframe somewhere on the even pages, but that's not a very elegant solution.
Anyone?
- Paul
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Text flow skipping pages

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

I don't think there is another way right now. Automatic text flow currently only searches the next/previous page for a matching text layer.
A solution would be to allow skipping pages when searching for a matching layer, but this can change the appearance of existing documents.

Martin
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

OK, thanks.
I could also put a white square on top of a normal textframe with text flow on. This would force the text to the next page, but also keep the freedom of putting an occasional piece of the main text on the left page. And retain the position and dimensions of the standard layout. This would also be useful when using a 2 (or more) column layout.

- Paul
PhilM
Mitglied

Beitrag von PhilM »

@Paul

Don't make Photoline too complicated.

I don't think that Microsoft Word or Publisher can do what you are asking.
bkh
Betatester

Re: Text flow skipping pages

Beitrag von bkh »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 18 Jun 2018 16:43 I don't think there is another way right now. Automatic text flow currently only searches the next/previous page for a matching text layer.
A solution would be to allow skipping pages when searching for a matching layer, but this can change the appearance of existing documents.
From a user perspective, wouldn't it be easiest to allow manual text flow from one text layer to another even across pages? That is, click the text flow arrow in the source text layer, then select the destination layer with a second click on a text layer (thus allowing page changes). Possible destination layers could be ighlighted while hovering instead of while dragging. In addition, it might be possible to select a destination layer in the layer panel, another useful improvement, imo.

In this way, one does not require different tools for text flow within a page vs. between pages.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

From a user perspective, wouldn't it be easiest to allow manual text flow from one text layer to another even across pages? That is, click the text flow arrow in the source text layer, then select the destination layer with a second click on a text layer (thus allowing page changes). Possible destination layers could be ighlighted while hovering instead of while dragging. In addition, it might be possible to select a destination layer in the layer panel, another useful improvement, imo.

In this way, one does not require different tools for text flow within a page vs. between pages.
That was my thought too.
Selecting a layer in the layer panel for text wraparound could be useful as well, especially with many images on a page.
Happily this can also be done by grouping one image, apply wraparound, and then drag any image where text should flow around inside this group frame.

- Paul
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

However... I think there's a bug. Here is a document with automatic text flow between the pages. On pages 1 and 2 there's a square to flow the text around. When I cover the textframe completely and then make the square smaller again, the text does not return to the frame. Even with undo, the textframe stays empty. This happens also in the latest beta.
- Paul
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Paul hat geschrieben: Mi 20 Jun 2018 13:22 However... I think there's a bug. Here is a document with automatic text flow between the pages. On pages 1 and 2 there's a square to flow the text around. When I cover the textframe completely and then make the square smaller again, the text does not return to the frame. Even with undo, the textframe stays empty. This happens also in the latest beta.
Yes, looks like a bug (reproducible with OS X 10.13.5). As a workaround, you can change the text on the previous page or close and reload the document to get the correct text flow.

Cheers

Burkkhard.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bkh hat geschrieben: Mi 20 Jun 2018 16:36
Paul hat geschrieben: Mi 20 Jun 2018 13:22 However... I think there's a bug. Here is a document with automatic text flow between the pages. On pages 1 and 2 there's a square to flow the text around. When I cover the textframe completely and then make the square smaller again, the text does not return to the frame. (...)
Yes, looks like a bug (reproducible with OS X 10.13.5). As a workaround, you can change the text on the previous page or close and reload the document to get the correct text flow.
I will fix that.

Martin