Photoline desktop icon quit displaying image preview

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Tom Fulery
Mitglied

Photoline desktop icon quit displaying image preview

Beitrag von Tom Fulery »

Photoline 19 (Mac) suddenly quit displaying an 'image preview' icon on the desktop. Now all photoline documents appear as the generic Photoline icon on the desktop after saving, exporting, et.

I've tried to find a preference for this but no luck. Any ideas?
bruce1951
Mitglied

Re: Photoline desktop icon quit displaying image preview

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Not sure if this of any help but I had a similar issue a while back. (Win). I found that when I had installed PL I had overlooked the option during the installation. Maybe if you do an uninstall and reinstall of PL keeping an eye open for that option during installation.

As this seems to be an issue for some maybe the developers could look at a means of resetting this option from within PL.

Bruce
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

There's no need to uninstall.
If you install PhotoLine, there should be the option "PLD preview in explorer" which will install and register the thumbnail creator.

Martin
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Martin for what it's worth I tried the Explorer route to no avail. (I'm using Win 8.1).

bruce
PhilM
Mitglied

Beitrag von PhilM »

I have faced the same problem in the past. Even with the otion checked.
V20 did work OK.
I lost the feature again when I installed V21.

I still do not understand what circumstance make it go or make it work.

My surface Pro only has V20.54 installed and works OK
My desktop has had all versions since V18 and has the feature not working anymore since V21
My desktop has also seen beta versions ...

Is there a registry key we can verify ?
shane
Mitglied

Beitrag von shane »

I'm on a Mac and I have the same problem with the trial of 21. No preview at all. Thumbnail or preview when I hit space-bar. Made sure save preview is checked in save prefs.

Thanks,

-Shane
-Shane
pixel8tor
Mitglied

Beitrag von pixel8tor »

You can try this to fix thumbnails for Windows systems:

Locate "PhotoLineHandlers32.dll" or "PhotoLineHandlers64.dll", depending on which version of Windows you're running ( 32bit or 64bit ). For 32bit, it's probably in your PhotoLine application folder. For 64bit, it's probably in your Windows\System32 folder. When you've located the file, open a CMD prompt window in *THAT* folder location and run "regsvr32 PhotoLineHandlers32.dll" for 32bit, or "regsvr32 PhotoLineHandlers64.dll" for 64bit.

In either case make sure you have thumbnails enabled: Press Win+R keys and paste "rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Options_RunDLL 7" into it and press enter. On the "View" tab make sure to UNCHECK "Always Show icons . . ."

Hopefully this fixes it. Good luck.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

shane hat geschrieben: Do 30 Aug 2018 21:03 I'm on a Mac and I have the same problem with the trial of 21. No preview at all. Thumbnail or preview when I hit space-bar. Made sure save preview is checked in save prefs.
Here it works for several images and then suddenly stops working which is why I didn't realize this problem until now.

It seems that the Quicklook interface PhotoLine is using is producing an error inside Quicklook. This problem didn't exist in earlier OS versions. I am now using a different interface and this one seems to work correctly. So you can check the next beta whether it works for you.

Martin
shane
Mitglied

Beitrag von shane »

Great news, thanks Martin!
-Shane
-Shane