Eraser/Paintbrush(/Pencil/Chalk/Coal) Toggle?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
mojosam
Mitglied

Eraser/Paintbrush(/Pencil/Chalk/Coal) Toggle?

Beitrag von mojosam »

I just bought a Huion graphics tablet. It seems to work fine. Its biggest problem is that the tablet's pen doesn't have an eraser on the end. It has a rocker switch on the side. I can program one side to be "E" to invoke the eraser, but then there is no easy way to quickly return to the drawing tool I was using right before I switched to eraser.

I can program the other side of the rocker switch to be "B" to invoke the paintbrush or "K" to invoke the coal. If I program one of those, then I can't summon the other. And there is no way at all to invoke the pencil or chalk.

Does Photoline have an easy way to toggle over to the eraser and then back to the same drawing tool that I was just using?
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Eraser/Paintbrush(/Pencil/Chalk/Coal) Toggle?

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

mojosam hat geschrieben: Do 13 Dez 2018 07:47Does Photoline have an easy way to toggle over to the eraser and then back to the same drawing tool that I was just using?
In the settings there is "Usage > Keyboard Layout > Image Tools > Paint Tools > Next Paint Tool". You can assign a custom shortcut to that command.
If no paint tool is active, it will select the last one used, but if there is already a paint tool selected, it will switch to the next one.

Martin
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Alternatively, if your pen allows to simulate the right mouse button, you could try the option "Clear with right mouse button" (hidden in Preferences -> Working -> Cursor) which allows to erase with the right mouse button and draw with the left mouse button.

Cheers

Burkhard
mojosam
Mitglied

Beitrag von mojosam »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Do 13 Dez 2018 12:06 In the settings there is "Usage > Keyboard Layout > Image Tools > Paint Tools > Next Paint Tool". You can assign a custom shortcut to that command.
If no paint tool is active, it will select the last one used, but if there is already a paint tool selected, it will switch to the next one.
Perfect! This does what I need. Thanks!
bkh hat geschrieben: Do 13 Dez 2018 13:44 Alternatively, if your pen allows to simulate the right mouse button, you could try the option "Clear with right mouse button" (hidden in Preferences -> Working -> Cursor) which allows to erase with the right mouse button and draw with the left mouse button.
For some reason this doesn't work for me. The paintbrush cursor (the round circle) just freezes, while my mouse cursor (the standard OS arrow) moves around and does nothing. I wonder if it's conflicting with some other setting? It doesn't really matter, since the Next Paint Tool trick above works.