Clipping layer options Need Help

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
johnmash1
Mitglied

Clipping layer options Need Help

Beitrag von johnmash1 »

Hi all,
If I have converted a Lasso to a layer, I'd like to be able to immediately choose whether using the layer as a Clipping Layer will affect all layers or just the preceding one.

In other words, the submenu under Layer...Clipping Layer would have these options:
Clip All Layers (This is the current "Clip Previous" option.)
Clip Previous Layer Only.
Clipping Width... (This the same as the current option.)
The "Clip Previous Layer Only" option would automatically create the clipping mask as a child of the immediately preceding layer. Doing that would prevent large areas of the image from disappearing and save the step of manually dragging the clipping layer into position as a child layer.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Clipping layer options Need Help

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

johnmash1 hat geschrieben: Di 13 Apr 2021 21:20 (...)
In other words, the submenu under Layer...Clipping Layer would have these options:
Clip All Layers (This is the current "Clip Previous" option.)
Clip Previous Layer Only.
Clipping Width... (This the same as the current option.)
The "Clip Previous Layer Only" option would automatically create the clipping mask as a child of the immediately preceding layer.
Such a type of clipping layer is called a "layer mask". So you get the effect you want by using the menu command "Layer > Layer Mask > Convert For Previous".

Martin
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Clipping layer options Need Help

Beitrag von shijan »

There are so many various options for Masks in PhotoLine, but in most situations i just use this handy simple right-click option viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6443
And next, i just put that mask inside Layer. Or you may put Layer and mask inside group. In this scenario global mask will not be applied to other layers.
All manual control logic, no surprises.
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302