Collegiate Style Text

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
maho
Mitglied

Collegiate Style Text

Beitrag von maho »

Hello PhotoLiners,

I am looking to create some "USA Collegiate Style Text" - of the kind that is often found on sports uniforms.

Here's what I've done so far:

1) Choose a suitable "collegiate" style font (e.g. COLLEGE BLOCK).

2) Create a circular vector layer.

3) Add your desired text to run on that path. Adjust offset, font size and kerning.

4) Convert the text layer to a vector layer

5) Set the inside to transparent, and boundary to black

6) Increase the vector line width to a suitable value

My problem is with that last step. If I make the line too wide, it mushes the letters together and looks horrible. What I really want to do is force the line inside the shape of each letter. Something similar to Layer Style -> Outline Inside. But that doesn't seem to do anything.

This image shows roughly what I want to do(click for large version):

Bild

Any help greatly appreciated!
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Collegiate Style Text

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

you can make PhotoLine draw the vector line inside.
Edit the line style and setup "inside":
VectorInside.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
maho
Mitglied

Beitrag von maho »

Hello Gerhard,

Thank you for your quick response - and showing me a menu I did not know existed!

What you suggested worked almost perfectly:

Bild

The only letters that don't work are those that are topologically genus one or greater. Like the P or O in Photoline - they have holes. So making Line Style Inside gets it wrong for the holes.

Seems like I need to break the holes into separate vector layers, then apply Line Style Outside for those parts only somehow?
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

That font is more complicated structure than basic stroke. So you better simply use dedicated Yearbook Outline font https://www.wfonts.com/font/yearbook-outline

Also play with "Line Join" setting and learn other settings in Line Style Editor. In current version there is a bug when Line Style Editor applied to text viewtopic.php?p=49073#p49073 so you need to convert text to vector to use all possible stroke options.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302