About translations (how to update language files?)

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
csanchez
Mitglied

About translations (how to update language files?)

Beitrag von csanchez »

I have been translating (very slowly) PhotoLine to Spanish, I was doing it with the English version 23.02, however with the new version 23.50 as I expected it have changes and new text strings.
Although I consider that the language files are well organized, at the moment of making updates (based on the English language files) it is possibly a little complicated.
I wonder if you have a tool or something that covers this aspect?

In this sense, the easiest thing I have found for translations are the po/pot files (gettext?), which allow to update all languages based on the original, either new, deleted or updated strings, using poedit.

Bild

I have my Spanish translation (still in progress) but I don't want to continue until I can update the files with the current version.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: About translations (how to update language files?)

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

csanchez hat geschrieben: So 30 Okt 2022 23:00 I have been translating (very slowly) PhotoLine to Spanish, I was doing it with the English version 23.02, however with the new version 23.50 as I expected it have changes and new text strings.
Although I consider that the language files are well organized, at the moment of making updates (based on the English language files) it is possibly a little complicated.
I wonder if you have a tool or something that covers this aspect?
I would suggest to use WinMerge.
csanchez hat geschrieben: So 30 Okt 2022 23:00In this sense, the easiest thing I have found for translations are the po/pot files (gettext?), which allow to update all languages based on the original, either new, deleted or updated strings, using poedit.
I had a look on this, but sorry, I didn't understand how it works. I think it can handle po and Wordpress only.
csanchez hat geschrieben: So 30 Okt 2022 23:00 I have my Spanish translation (still in progress) but I don't want to continue until I can update the files with the current version.
If you have problems with WinMerge, send me your actual files and I will update them to version 23.50.
csanchez
Mitglied

Beitrag von csanchez »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:I would suggest to use WinMerge.
Yes, WinMerge is very good, however I have found Diffinity, which I like the way it highlights the differences. I find it much more comfortable than WinMerge.
https://truehumandesign.se/screen.php?f ... ty_sd3.png
Here is the link to try it if you like :)
https://truehumandesign.se/s_diffinity.php
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:I had a look on this, but sorry, I didn't understand how it works. I think it can handle po and Wordpress only.
Btw WinMerge uses the .po files for translations too heh.
https://github.com/WinMerge/winmerge/bl ... /README.md
Anyway changing the file format used for translations I guess can be complicated and is not really necessary.
But I think it would be good to have a tool that allows to update the translation files automatically.
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:If you have problems with WinMerge, send me your actual files and I will update them to version 23.50.
Please, you would really help me a lot that way.
Here is what I have of the translation so far, I plan to share it on the forum after it is much more complete too :)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/e9nlc7vf ... sh.7z/file

I have not included the help file because at the moment I don't know how to modify/translate it, I guess the best thing to do is to ask here for the source of them, but anyway it is better to leave it in second place for the moment.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Here is the updated version of your files.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
csanchez
Mitglied

Beitrag von csanchez »

Thank you so much Gerhard :D
csanchez
Mitglied

Beitrag von csanchez »

Ok, after a long time without touching the translation I took some time to continue it.
Updating the files to PhotoLine 24.00 I found some things.

These translation lines are commented with //, at least in English, is it an error?
//"19172" = "Angle:"; //IDS_ANGLE2

//"39072" = "Mirror Hor."; //IDS_FLIP_HOR
//"39073" = "Mirror Vert."; //IDS_FLIP_VER
The text "Save changes to" is not translatable yet
Bild