Version 12.5 crashes on browse?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Happy-Hacker

Version 12.5 crashes on browse?

Beitrag von Happy-Hacker »

I just downloaded version 12.5 and every time I try to browse, the application crashes. I've erased all the browse.pl files, with the thought that they may be corrupt or too old to function with the new version, but this has not helped. Raising the memory usage limit from 128mb to unlimited lets the application not die immidiately, but it still crashes if you try to resize the browse window.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Version 12.5 crashes on browse?

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Happy-Hacker hat geschrieben:I just downloaded version 12.5 and every time I try to browse, the application crashes. I've erased all the browse.pl files, with the thought that they may be corrupt or too old to function with the new version, but this has not helped. Raising the memory usage limit from 128mb to unlimited lets the application not die immidiately, but it still crashes if you try to resize the browse window.
"Memory Limitation" sounds like Mac OS 9.
It's a problem to get enough memory on Mac OS 9 for some functions.
Is there a problem if you test the browse function on a small image folder?

Gerhard
Strick
Mitglied

re: crash on browse

Beitrag von Strick »

No, this was in the undo history memory usage configuration. I'm running pl32 under OS X 10.4.6 with 2gb of RAM on a dual G5 1.8ghz. I just tried it again with the following results:

Start pl32.
go to the file menu
click on browse.
browse opens to my document directory.
If I click on any control in the browse window after that, PL32 crashes.

And yes, Happy-Hacker was me, but I'm told that my account was deleted due to recent hacking on this board. A change of sobriquet seemed like a good idea.
"So this is how liberty ends: with thunderous applause." - Padme' Amidala-Skywalker
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: re: crash on browse

Strick hat geschrieben:No, this was in the undo history memory usage configuration. I'm running pl32 under OS X 10.4.6 with 2gb of RAM on a dual G5 1.8ghz. I just tried it again with the following results:
Start pl32.
go to the file menu
click on browse.
browse opens to my document directory.
If I click on any control in the browse window after that, PL32 crashes.
Do the preview images appear?
Can you test this on a little test folder? Does it occur here, too?

Gerhard
Strick
Mitglied

PL32 12.5 browse crash

Beitrag von Strick »

Yes, I get one preview image. How do I tell Browse to go to a different folder without touching the browse window?
"So this is how liberty ends: with thunderous applause." - Padme' Amidala-Skywalker
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: PL32 12.5 browse crash

Strick hat geschrieben:Yes, I get one preview image. How do I tell Browse to go to a different folder without touching the browse window?
You can drag the "Test Folder" to the PL32 icon on the stock. Then PL32 will open this folder in the browse window.

Gerhard
Strick
Mitglied

re PL32 browse crash

Beitrag von Strick »

That works fine. Browse works as advertised both with a small directory and one containing 450 jpg images. It also works fine in a directory full of raw (PEF) images. It sounds like it's gagging on something in my documents directory. Is there any way I can change the default directory browse opens when I click on browse in the file window?
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: re PL32 browse crash

Strick hat geschrieben:That works fine. Browse works as advertised both with a small directory and one containing 450 jpg images. It also works fine in a directory full of raw (PEF) images. It sounds like it's gagging on something in my documents directory. Is there any way I can change the default directory browse opens when I click on browse in the file window?
Normally it opens in the directory you used last time.
But now you can try to find out which of the images in you "Standard Folder" is the problem. If you could send it to me, I will fix the problem.

Gerhard
Strick
Mitglied

problem file

Beitrag von Strick »

My suspicion is that it was a file called BootX.raw that was making the browse function barf. I deleted it to test it earlier and now I cannot replicate the crash. Unfortunately I do not have a copy of the file.