there is a new public beta of PhotoLine.
If you have an appropriate operating system (XP-64, Vista-64, Mac OS 10.5 with Intel), this version can be executed as a 64 bit application.
This way you can utilize your complete installed main memory (more then the usual 2 GB).
We have tested this version heavily, nevertheless there may be severe bugs.
Windows 32 Bit:
Windows 64 Bit:
Mac OS (32 Bit and 64 Bit):
Here is a list of the major changes since version 14.51:
- dockable dialogs "redone"
- Color Correction (Filter/Digital Camera)
- Red Eye Tool
- Ray Tool
- SVG Import
- Text: Text can now be formatted in register
- Blends: Can be edited in the document window if the corresponding editing
tool is active
- Browse: Now with preview
- Color Fields: Function to find "harmonic" colors
- Variable Blur (Filter/Blur): Adjusts the filter size according to the mask
- Scale, Resize: Formula support
sin(radiant), cos(radiant), tan(radiant), sqrt(value), min(value1; value2[;...]), max(value1;value2[;...]), if(condition;value1;value2)
- Comparison operators:
"<", "<=", "=", ">", ">="
- Calculation operators:
"+", "-", "*", "/"
- Attributes dialog completly redesigned
- It is now the control center for all attributes of a document/page/layer
- Content new structured and visually more appealing
- Most values can now be edited directly
- Curves: can now optionally work in Lab or HIS
- Duplication of the background layer: A transparency channel is created
- Layer Mask/Convert for Previous, virtual copy: If the active layer contains
a virtual copy referencing the previous layer, the command is disabled
- ICC Profiles: Can be loaded alternatively from "Defaults/ICCProfiles"
- Layer dialog: now offers layer mask functions
- Batch Convert: if the destination format is fix (i.e. JPEG), Batch Convert
allows to directly adjust the export settings
- Batch Convert: if the destination format is fix (i.e. JPEG), the local
settings are used and the global settings are not modified
- Text Options: Outline color and line style added
- Curves/Curve Editor: points can be deleted with Delete (Windows)
and Backspace (Mac OS)
- Text Layers, shortcuts, Mac OS: Cmd+Arrow up jumps to the beginning of the
text, Cmd+Arrow down to the text end
- Text Layers, shortcuts: Ctrl+Pos1 jumps to the beginning of the text,
Ctrl+End to the text end
- Perspective transformation: can now be recorded as action
- Browse: thumbnails of JPEG-, TIFF- and PNG-files are now generated
in the background
- Lasso: can now be scaled with shift+arrow key (Ctrl/Command for larger steps)
- Crop tool: Cropping can now be done with Enter and with Return, too
- Document mode, screen output: parts outside the document are shown lighter
- Text Settings: the text settings are now in the tool settings of the
Edit Text tool
- Plug-Ins: better plug-in-support (especially masking plug-ins)
- Pixelize Filter: Now respects the mask
- Usage of Shift - Alt swapped for moving and scaling layers
- Layer Settings: Dialog was removed because it is no longer needed
- Blends are now dithered