Woodwork

Hier können Anwender über Ihre selbst erarbeiteteten Tricks berichten
dutchman
Mitglied

Woodwork

Beitrag von dutchman »

A kind of woodwork with PhotoLine.
The left side could be better. But it's OK for me.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Falaffel
Mitglied

Re: Woodwork

Beitrag von Falaffel »

Hy,

nice work, I really like it.

Could you please offer PLD-File to learn from it?
Grüße
Robert
dutchman
Mitglied

Beitrag von dutchman »

Sorry, ist eine etwas ältere Arbeit.
Habe davon auch nie eine PLD angefertigt.
Man nehme eine Holztextur, mache daraus eine 3D-Form, links und rechts ein paar Anpassungen, fertig.
Die Bezugsadresse der Textur füge ich hinzu. Einfach mal probieren.
holzklotz.jpg
Ein schöneres Beispiel für eine 3D-Grafik war mal hier im Forum in einer Diskussion.
Da war ein Anwender, der der Meinung war, dass PL kein "gescheites" Rendering hinbekommt.
Mein Beispiel zeigt das Gegenteil. Oben die Vorgabe (PS???), darunter meine Arbeit.
Daraufhin habe ich nie wieder was von ihm gehört.
signwall_vergleich.jpg
VG
toni
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Falaffel
Mitglied

Beitrag von Falaffel »

Danke dir, werde ich mal versuchen nachzumachen.
Grüße
Robert
dutchman
Mitglied

Beitrag von dutchman »

Gerne dann auch das Ergebnis hier posten...
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

dutchman hat geschrieben: Ein schöneres Beispiel für eine 3D-Grafik war mal hier im Forum in einer Diskussion.
Da war ein Anwender, der der Meinung war, dass PL kein "gescheites" Rendering hinbekommt.
Mein Beispiel zeigt das Gegenteil. Oben die Vorgabe (PS???), darunter meine Arbeit.
Daraufhin habe ich nie wieder was von ihm gehört.

VG
toni
(English is faster for me, hope you do not mind)

Not entirely true, Dutchman: I did respond at the time, and I mentioned to you that I was of the opinion that the quality you and I were able to reach with this method was just not good enough for me and the client. It still looks rather unprofessional, if you ask me. But then again, it depends on the type of job, and the requirements. If a more stylistic and simpler look is required, I suppose this method might suffice for 3d text.

That (very) basic second example I showed to you at the time wasn't done in Photoshop, but in Blender (3d app). The original Photoshop example I tried to recreate in Photoline was this one:
3D-Wall-Logo-MockUp-full(2).jpg
Compared to the Blender version, the Photoshop version (and your version) have several issues, which made it problematic for me to use for a client project at the time:
- the perspective is incorrect. And the letters fail to properly extrude into 3d space.
- the lighting and shadows are unconvincing.
- even in the latest version of Photoline, with vastly improved emboss quality, there are still issues with render quality in this more extreme case (also in Photoshop, if you ask me).

And aside from these things:
- it is extremely difficult and time consuming to make changes to the angle and position of the camera.
- lighting is awkward to get right, and more complex realistic lighting is not possible.
- this is a very basic example. Creating a convincing version with upright letters casting shadows on a plane, for example, is already much harder to achieve, and very, very simple to do in a dedicated 3d app.
- working within a 3d app with actual 3d letters is just far more flexible and efficient than pseudo 3d letters in Photoline.

But more importantly, the overall visual quality just was not cutting it for the client. He wanted something similar to this (very quick basic example, again, and the actual work I did used better lighting and materials):
test.jpg
And it merely takes a couple of seconds to create a second version which uses a different angle:
test2.jpg
You are never going to be able to recreate something similar at that quality quickly in Photoline. It is just not possible unless your artistic abilities are very high level, and even then it will take you much more time and effort to reproduce even one of these. And again: these two examples are extremely basic demonstrations of 3d letter scenes in a proper 3d application: it takes at most 10 minutes to setup, and 2~3 minutes of render time for each camera angle.

And even Photoshop with its true 3d rendering cannot achieve this type of render quality (Photoshop's 3d rendering is pretty bad, and abysmally slow). So, I decided to work with the most appropriate tool - which was Blender. Photoline is an awesome image editor, but 2d image editors are not that great for realistic looking 3d effects (unless digitally painted by a high level artist, of course).
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
dutchman
Mitglied

Beitrag von dutchman »

Hi Herbert,
Thanks a lot for sharing your work here. I am deeply impressed. GREAT.
Also your explanations are very helpful.

To the earlier postings:
What I meant to say is, that you didn't respond on my question to show what the final work was.
To show us, what high quality requirements exists out there. I don't have such clients... not yet (smile).
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Compared to the Blender version, the Photoshop version (and your version) have several issues, which made it problematic for me to use for a client project at the time:
- the perspective is incorrect. And the letters fail to properly extrude into 3d space.
- the lighting and shadows are unconvincing.
- even in the latest version of Photoline, with vastly improved emboss quality, there are still issues with render quality in this more extreme case (also in Photoshop, if you ask me).
I rather compared your first rendering with PL, to the rendering I did. And there were some significant differences, right?
No part of my work was to get the right angle, color, light/shadow... rendering was.

My intention is to compare PS vs PL and to show which capabilities PL have.
What I try to say is that PL is a sophisticated, stable, reliable and great piece of software.
You come up with Blender...
You can design a 3D house with Blender, but much easier and better with Cinema... you get the point.
Each software has restrictions and a pricelabel !.

All in all thanks again and please share more of the things you do.
But keep in mind always comparing an apple with an apple and not an apple with a Porsche (BIG BIG SMILE)

Sorry for my bad english expressions, but at least perfect "germish"

Have a great time.
Always look at the bright side of... graphics.
toni