Can I globally change text properties in multiple text layers?

Answers to frequently asked questions about PhotoLine
SarahNewton
Mitglied

Can I globally change text properties in multiple text layers?

Beitrag von SarahNewton »

Hi everyone,

I have a several documents with hundreds of text layers, and I need to change the font size and colour in each of them. Is there a way to do this globally, or do I have to edit every single text layer separately? I can select all the text layers, but that doesn't select the text within them.

Hoping there's a way!

All the best,

Sarah
bkh
Betatester

Re: Can I globally change text properties in multiple text layers?

Beitrag von bkh »

SarahNewton hat geschrieben: Mi 30 Aug 2017 16:12 I have a several documents with hundreds of text layers, and I need to change the font size and colour in each of them. Is there a way to do this globally, or do I have to edit every single text layer separately? I can select all the text layers, but that doesn't select the text within them.
Are you using the latest version (20.02) of PhotoLine? Selecting multiple text layers and changing text font, text colour etc. in the toolbox (with the layer tool active) works for me. Make sure, however, that all the selected layers are indeed text layers. If the selection contains other types of layers, this doesn't work.

Btw., PL supports text styles (more or less like MS Word/LibreOffice and other word processors), so assigning and changing a text style might be an option, too. (Unfortunately, PL doesn't have a default text style.)

Cheers

Burkhard.
SarahNewton
Mitglied

Re: Can I globally change text properties in multiple text layers?

Beitrag von SarahNewton »

Thanks very much Burkhard!

I seem to be still using v18.53. I think I need to update - hopefully that will fix it!

All the best,

Sarah