Vignetting

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
joe mama
Mitglied

Vignetting

Beitrag von joe mama »

Vignetting, in terms of photography, is when the image gets progressively darker as you move away from the center of an image.

Is there a way using PL32, to create a filter that has a radial brightening pattern to undo this effect?

I hope my question makes sense -- I know what I want to say, just not how to say it! : )
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Vignetting

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

joe mama hat geschrieben:Vignetting, in terms of photography, is when the image gets progressively darker as you move away from the center of an image.
Is there a way using PL32, to create a filter that has a radial brightening pattern to undo this effect?
I would suggest to create a new "Clut-Working Layer". Then create a radial blend on this working layer (black to white) and increase the gamma in the Clut.

Gerhard
joe mama
Mitglied

Radial blend

Beitrag von joe mama »

How do you create a radial blend?
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Radial blend

joe mama hat geschrieben:How do you create a radial blend?
First you create the Clut working layer. You will get a grey image layer. Here you can use the blend tool from the toolbar to create the radial blend.

Gerhard
joe mama
Mitglied

I did, but am still confused

Beitrag von joe mama »

Here's what I did. I opened the image. Then I went to Layer, New Working Layer, CLUT. It defaulted to gray picture, and I clicked OK, the CLUT window came up, and I clicked OK again.

Then I clicked on the Color Blend on the tool bar and chose Radial. The chanel is set on Gray.

Here's where I get lost.

It says in the help to drag a line across to get the blend, but it does nothing. I'm not sure what to do after this point.

Thanks a lot for the help, by the way!
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: I did, but am still confused

joe mama hat geschrieben:Here's what I did. I opened the image. Then I went to Layer, New Working Layer, CLUT. It defaulted to gray picture, and I clicked OK, the CLUT window came up, and I clicked OK again.
Then I clicked on the Color Blend on the tool bar and chose Radial. The chanel is set on Gray.
Here's where I get lost.
It says in the help to drag a line across to get the blend, but it does nothing. I'm not sure what to do after this point.
That's OK so far. You can't see anything because you have a working layer and not a normal layer.
No double click on the Clut symbol in the layer dialog. The Clut dialog comes up. Setup here a gamma value and see what happens.

Gerhard