Error message when attempting to Photoshop EPS

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
orr
Mitglied

Error message when attempting to Photoshop EPS

Beitrag von orr »

Hello,

I'm a new user of PL 32 and have run into my first snag. I need to open some EPS files that were saved in Photoshop, and I get an error message , "problem when loading."

The files open in Pagemaker or Photoshop.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Otto
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

I'm a new user of PL 32 and have run into my first snag. I need to open some EPS files that were saved in Photoshop, and I get an error message , "problem when loading."
EPS is a very complex file format and only a few applications are able to read this format.
We decided to support PDF-files instead because PDF has more future
NJC

EPS-Format Files

Beitrag von NJC »

Gerhard/Forum:

Ich möchte auf Deutsch das Problem erklären; das Forum darüber hat aber schon auf Englisch angefangen. Mein Deutsch ist auch nicht das beste.

Having said that, I am confused about the whole EPS issue. The website says PhotoLine can open EPS files, but the forum discussion says otherwise. I am having problems opening EPS files -- is there a way to do it, or are there only certain types of EPS files that will open, or...? (I am a Mac OS 9.2.2 user, by the way)

EPS files are widely used (at least in the US) in the graphic arts community, and I think they are a very important part of any graphics or photo editing software. Alternatively, are there any other vector-style formats that PhotoLine 32 accepts? (forgive my ignorance -- I've only had exposure to EPS and AI formats)

Thanks,
Nathan-der-nicht-so-Weise[/u]
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: EPS-Format Files

NJC hat geschrieben:Having said that, I am confused about the whole EPS issue. The website says PhotoLine can open EPS files, but the forum discussion says otherwise. I am having problems opening EPS files -- is there a way to do it, or are there only certain types of EPS files that will open, or...? (I am a Mac OS 9.2.2 user, by the way)
PL32 can read EPS files, but not every kind of EPS files. Only EPS files that contain images can be read.
NJC hat geschrieben:EPS files are widely used (at least in the US) in the graphic arts community, and I think they are a very important part of any graphics or photo editing software. Alternatively, are there any other vector-style formats that PhotoLine 32 accepts? (forgive my ignorance -- I've only had exposure to EPS and AI formats)
The days of EPS are gone. Now PDF is state of the art.
You can use this format for almost every data you want to exchange with other people.

Gerhard
NJC

Beitrag von NJC »

Gerhard:

Apparently, you feel quite strongly about EPS files. Correct me if I'm wrong, but PDF is not a vector format, right?

I don't really care if PhotoLine 32 can't use most EPS files, but is there another vector-format file type that it can use?

-NJC
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

NJC hat geschrieben:Apparently, you feel quite strongly about EPS files. Correct me if I'm wrong, but PDF is not a vector format, right?
You are wrong neigher EPS nor PDF is a vector format. Both are document formats and both can save raster images and vector images and much more.
I don't really care if PhotoLine 32 can't use most EPS files, but is there another vector-format file type that it can use?
Use PDF, if you can't, try to install Ghostscript and convert your PS/EPS files to PDF

Gerhard