Making seamless textures - Layer traslation tools?

Answers to frequently asked questions about PhotoLine
Antworten
Harvester
Mitglied

Making seamless textures - Layer traslation tools?

Beitrag von Harvester »

Hello, I own and use PL sporadically and I cannot find a tool similar to the one I use the most in GIMP which is the layer traslation (x/2, y/2) which I need to make a texture seamless. I cannot find anything similar in PL. Would anybody be so kind to help me find it or in case this functionality is currently missing in PL could the develpers consider to include it in future releases?

Thank you very much in anticipation.
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Making seamless textures - Layer traslation tools?

Beitrag von Hoogo »

"Effects > Special tols > Generate pattern" tries it somewhat automatic with blending.
With "tool > other > move layer content" you can do it more manually. There are buttons to center the moved area.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Harvester hat geschrieben:Hello, I own and use PL sporadically and I cannot find a tool similar to the one I use the most in GIMP which is the layer traslation (x/2, y/2) which I need to make a texture seamless. I cannot find anything similar in PL. Would anybody be so kind to help me find it or in case this functionality is currently missing in PL could the develpers consider to include it in future releases?
You can use "Perspective Tiling". Set "Perspective" to 0%, Size to 100% and the offsets to 50% each and make sure that "Fill Image" is checked.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Zuletzt geändert von bkh am Mi 11 Jan 2017 17:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:With "tool > other > move layer content" you can do it more manually. There are buttons to center the moved area.
That 's slightly wrong: it's "Filter > Other > (...)".

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

It would be great to have a seamless view/edit mode such as the one available in Krita (just press W):
wrap-around-mode.jpg
wrap-around-mode.jpg (72.55 KiB) 9165 mal betrachtet
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Harvester
Mitglied

Beitrag von Harvester »

Thank you all very much for your replies. I will give your suggestion a try to see if it works for me. Kind regard.
Paul87
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul87 »

I had similar problems as you Harvester and I just used Bkh method and it works. I hope that it will work for you too. Also, thanks Bkh! :)
michalbratek
Mitglied

Beitrag von michalbratek »

Yea me too. Right now i have exactly the same problem.. somebody solved this?
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

michalbratek hat geschrieben: Do 09 Feb 2017 15:47 Yea me too. Right now i have exactly the same problem.. somebody solved this?
You'll find two solutions in posts #2 and #3 above, respectively. Btw., PL 20 now has a pattern mode (in the View menu) which automatically shows the repeated pattern.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Antworten