Horizontal Color Picker for Curves

Tida
Mitglied

Horizontal Color Picker for Curves

Beitrag von Tida »

Hopefully, this demonstrates how convenient a horizontal color picker could be for PhotoLine

https://youtu.be/fRz3ipab-WY
Zuletzt geändert von Tida am Do 04 Okt 2018 11:39, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Tida
Mitglied

Re: Horizontal Color Picker for Curves, Vertical in Histogram

Beitrag von Tida »

I know PhotoLine has an integrated ColorPicker system, but it's hard to just read values. It's much more convenient to read it graphically.
This should be an easy one to natively integrate it into PhotoLine as with Ctrl+LeftClick the RGB points are already fixed onto the curves.

In addition, the histogram is also a good place when using other filters. But then it's vertical, not horizontal.
Zuletzt geändert von Tida am Fr 09 Nov 2018 16:02, insgesamt 10-mal geändert.
Tida
Mitglied

Re: Vertical Color Picker for Histogram

Beitrag von Tida »

Now with addition shorter lines, which shows the position before change...
Histogram - Vertical RGB Picker.JPG
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von Tida am Fr 09 Nov 2018 15:18, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Tida
Mitglied

Re: Color Picker for Curves with Skintone Suggestion

Beitrag von Tida »

An advanced RGB Picker could also suggest RGB values for natural Skintone. I implemented that now to the current development of HopControl.

The trick is as follows:
(a) Detect current R, G and B value
(b) Calculate Luminance (used Y of ITU-R BT.709, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luma_(video))
(c) Make in another attempt: polynomial fits for either R, G , B vs Y Values of published natural Skintones from LOreal website (Row C or blend of RowC+D) https://www.loreal.com/research-and-inn ... -the-world

(d) Calculate new R,G and B out of detected Luminance Y using resulting equations of mentioned fits.
(e) Display them like below (left Before, right After correction)

The big advantage is, that whole skin is corrected not only to the correct color but also to the correct saturation.
Skin color is almost constant but skin saturation depends on luminance and this way takes care of it as well.

Also when corrected there will be almost no change in luminance when this method is applied.
PickerWithSkintoneSuggestion.JPG
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von Tida am Fr 09 Nov 2018 16:10, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
Tida
Mitglied

Color Picker with Skintone Suggestion

Beitrag von Tida »

Analysis of Skintones as mentioned previously from https://www.loreal.com/research-and-inn ... -the-world
LOreal Analysis.JPG
Tida
Mitglied

Automatic Curves Adjustment

Beitrag von Tida »

Now with Semi-Automatic Curves Adjustment:

RGB Values will be automatically changed with one key-press. You pick the color and choose whether it should be white balanced or receive skintone at calculated luminance;)

Following video is not accelerated. R,G and B adjustment of one pick is finished in less than a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KroIm6P7Jc
Zuletzt geändert von Tida am Do 22 Nov 2018 00:17, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Paul
Mitglied

Re: Horizontal Color Picker for Curves

Beitrag von Paul »

Hi,
Looks good. But how could I test this on my system? I can't find this system anywhere except on youtube.
- Paul
Tida
Mitglied

Automatic Curves Adjustment

Beitrag von Tida »

HopControl is not released.
This is the reason why I did put this to the thread of PhotoLine improvements.
It would be great if the PhotoLine Team could program this natively.
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

OK. A plug-in wil not work, I guess.
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

Should work also if somebody would program a plugin, but why not make a more advanced native curve tool by PhotoLine team.

The 50% gray, black and white pipette of Photoline Curves is not exactly what you need to simplify your workflow. It's just a copy of photoshop idea many years ago.

Why not instead have a more than one but flexible luminance independent gray picker method. That means if you pick gray, R, G, B has to fall in one line at the position of luminance ( best L of Lab - I used Y of YCbCr because its simple)

To additionally correct saturation and hue, in case you have a skin available, above is a good method as skintone is the most sensitive memory color.

The nice effect when you make color correction with curves is, that you immediately see when artifacts occur