Neue Testversion 22.00b1

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 22.00b1

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 22.00b1.
Das ist die "erste" Version 22 und braucht daher eine neue Registriernummer.
Die Version 22 wird voraussichtlich Ende Februar released werden.

Windows:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/pl2200b1.zip

Mac OS:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/plx2200b1.zip

Neues:
  • Einstellungen > Anzeige > Dokument, macOS: Retina-Auflösung deaktivierbar
  • Mehrkanalbilder: Es kann nun mehr als eine Farbe zugewiesen werden. Außerdem sind nun Kurven möglich.
  • Mehrkanalbilder: Können nun im Bildmodus angelegt werden.
  • Mehrkanalbilder: In RGB-Dokumenten wird ein CMYK-Bild für die Anzeige verwendet, um Überdrucken sinnvoller zu simulieren
  • PDF-Import: Mehrkanalbilder (DeviceN) werden nun als einzelnes Graubild mit mehreren Farben importiert
  • PDF-Export: Mehrkanalbilder werden nun als DeviceN exportiert und nicht mehr durch Überdrucken simuliert
  • Arbeitsebenen, Kopieren und Einfügen: Voll deckende Arbeitsebenen mit Dokumentgröße werden beim Einfügen an die Größe des neuen Dokuments angepasst
  • Linsenkorrektur-Dialog: Cache für Lensfun, dadurch schnellere perspektivische Korrektur
  • Linsenkorrektur-Dialog: Perspektivische Korrektur verzerrt Hintergrundebene nicht mehr
  • Linsenkorrektur-Dialog: Keine Dialogvorschau bei eingeklapptem Dialog
  • Farbton/Sättigung: Alle geänderten Bereiche werden mit einem '*' markiert
  • Diverse Fehlerbehebungen und kleinere Verbesserungen

This is the "first" version 22 and therefore needs a new registration number.
Version 22 is expected to be released at the end of February.

New:
  • Preferences > Display > Document, macOS: Retina resolution can be disabled
  • Multi-channel images: Youcan now assign more than one color, curves are also possible.
  • Multi-channel images: Can now be created in picture mode.
  • Multi-channel images: In RGB documents, a CMYK image is used for viewing to simulate overprinting more effectively
  • PDF import: multi-channel images (DeviceN) are now imported as a single gray image with multiple colors
  • PDF export: multi-channel images are now exported as DeviceN and no longer simulated by overprinting
  • Adjustment layers, copy and paste: Fully opaque adjustment layers with document size are adjusted to the size of the new document during pasting
  • Lens correction dialog: Cache for Lensfun, thus faster perspective correction
  • Lens correction dialog: Perspective correction no longer distorts background layer
  • Lens correction dialog: No dialog preview with collapsed dialog (faster)
  • Hue/Saturation: All changed ranges are marked with a '*'.
  • Various bug fixes and minor improvements
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 22.00b1

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Scrollbar can be turned off! YES! Thank you!
(The English translation ought to be: No Scroller --> Hide Scrollbars)

One visual issue regarding the menus: there is no top and left highlighted border to visually isolate it from the background and imply depth, which looks very odd:
2020-01-29 01_01_08-PhotoLine 22.00B1 (64) - [untitled.png (untitled, 16-Bit RGB Image, 1920x1080, 9.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

There should be a border, it is not verry good to see with your colors,
ContextMenu.png
but very good with mine :-)
ContextMenu2.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 29 Jan 2020 11:02 Scrollbar can be turned off! YES! Thank you!
(The English translation ought to be: No Scroller --> Hide Scrollbars)
sorry, the text is positive at the moment in the UserInterface-Settings "Show Scroller", OK I will change it to "Show Scrollbars".
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

Hi, table of contents works fine now, but I sometimes have a page break just before a chapter title. This page break is included in making the new document, so at first not every chapter is shown, there is a + at the lower right corner. So, I think page breaks should be excluded from the table of contents.
Also, a [return] seem to be included in the text style, so sometimes the page number will appear on a new line, not the same line as the title.
Is it possible to exclude [returns], and perhaps change these to a [space] (for chapter titles with more than one line)?
- Paul
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 29 Jan 2020 11:02 Scrollbar can be turned off! YES! Thank you!
Yes, hidden scrollbars provide way better look and save a lot of space.

Here are few useful already requested options:
- Automatically hide status bar in fullscreen view.
- Turn off pixel line border frame around image
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 29 Jan 2020 10:35 This is the "first" version 22 and therefore needs a new registration number.
Can you explain further? Did current users need to purchase new serial every new version again and again? Or it will be just a free upgrade of serial number for current users? Also v21.5 vs v22 feels like mostly cosmetic upgrade with options like hidden scrollbars...
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Paul hat geschrieben: Mi 29 Jan 2020 12:02 Hi, table of contents works fine now, but I sometimes have a page break just before a chapter title. This page break is included in making the new document, so at first not every chapter is shown, there is a + at the lower right corner. So, I think page breaks should be excluded from the table of contents.
Also, a [return] seem to be included in the text style, so sometimes the page number will appear on a new line, not the same line as the title.
Is it possible to exclude [returns], and perhaps change these to a [space] (for chapter titles with more than one line)?
I will change this.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 29 Jan 2020 13:01 Can you explain further? Did current users need to purchase new serial every new version again and again? Or it will be just a free upgrade of serial number for current users? Also v21.5 vs v22 feels like mostly cosmetic upgrade with options like hidden scrollbars...
You think changes are cosmetic, we worked for more then 2 years on this version.
Upgrades with full version changes cost 29 Euro as they did in the past.
We will have a goodwill time of mostly 3 month, users who registered in this time, can get the upgrade for free. The exact goodwill time will be in the information for the upgrade, when it is released.
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

Worth every penny! :D
- Paul
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 29 Jan 2020 13:01
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 29 Jan 2020 10:35 This is the "first" version 22 and therefore needs a new registration number.
Can you explain further? Did current users need to purchase new serial every new version again and again? Or it will be just a free upgrade of serial number for current users? Also v21.5 vs v22 feels like mostly cosmetic upgrade with options like hidden scrollbars...
You purchased PhotoLine last month, nearing the end of this development cycle. Since you are using the beta version (I think), it is understandable how you feel (as if you have just paid for a license and are being asked to pay again), but do realize that just about any other software company do not make their betas broadly available (only to a select few). This has helped PL to be improved at a quite rapid pace.

So you paid for the existing official version (of which the point 0.5 release was made available for free, but you also "missed out" on that), and not for the beta versions in development. For myself and others here who are long-term PL users, we get one .5 release for free, and then pay 29 euros after having had access to the public beta (which I love that this is possible).

I do understand that, having purchased a license near the very end of this development cycle and using the beta version, it might feel like you are being asked to pay again in a short time, but with other companies you would not have had access to the beta version. The 29 euros would have given you a broad set of new features from R21 onward.

Besides, this release has had a lot of stuff improved and sped up under the hood. Compared to other competing products where development is absolutely glacial... And not even mentioning how responsive the Huber devs are compared to others (where it can take years for basic things to be implemented).
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi all,

Couple of issues here.

1- The button to put the serial number is in German.
screen.jpg

2- If I disable Show Icons in Menu, the icons in the tool bar are tiny. But if I enable it, then the icons are in normal size.
icons.jpg

3- Redraw problem when disabling a channel in a picture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP55n8nJMr8

Cheers,
Juan
Zuletzt geändert von Juan am Mi 29 Jan 2020 17:27, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Juan hat geschrieben: Mi 29 Jan 2020 17:11 2- If I disable Show Icons in Menu, the icons in the tool bar are tiny. But if I enable it, then the icons are in normal size.
Seems it is Windows only problem. On Mac OS tool icons are always show correct pixel perfect size now. In earlier beta versions they where too tiny and blurry.
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Another word in German over the Optimize HDR adjustment layer.
Capture.JPG

Cheers,
Juan
mwenz
Mitglied

Beitrag von mwenz »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 29 Jan 2020 16:37...For myself and others here who are long-term PL users, we get one .5 release for free, and then pay 29 euros after having had access to the public beta (which I love that this is possible). ...
I also agree on all the stuff I cut out of your post, Herbert.

Multi-channel? I cannot wait! (Well, of course I will...)

Thank you Martin & Gerhard!

Mike