Installing colour spaces in PhotoLine - running in Wine?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Tom Kershaw
Mitglied

Installing colour spaces in PhotoLine - running in Wine?

Beitrag von Tom Kershaw »

Hello all,

I've just started using PhotoLine in Linux and the application has been running smoothly so far. However, I'm not sure how to add icc colour spaces so I can perform conversions etc. I downloaded ProPhoto RGB and installed it in the GIMP without a problem but I can't see a similar option within the PL interface, I'm guessing that I need to place the .icc file in a particular folder for it to be recognised.

Tom
NoSi
Betatester

Re: Installing colour spaces in PhotoLine - running in Wine?

Beitrag von NoSi »

Copy your ICC profile into Photoline Defaults ICCPrifiles folder (do not know structure of a Linux installation. If there is a Photoline Folder have a look if "Defaults" is inside…).

Apply the profile in document dialog (double click on ICC profile, select it in upcoming dialog).
Screencasts zu Photoline: http://www.buoa.de • Win 10x64 / PL64, immer und ausschließlich die aktuellste Beta-Version.
gmhofmann
Betatester

Beitrag von gmhofmann »

Here are the directories from my WINE/Photoline installation under Ubuntu 18.04. Schreibtisch = Desktop :D
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Tom Kershaw
Mitglied

Thanks both. The WINE directories on my Pop OS install are hidden but I managed to find them in the Terminal.
gmhofmann
Betatester

Beitrag von gmhofmann »

If you use GNOME desktop you can make the hidden files visible with CRTL-H (= hidden).
Tom Kershaw
Mitglied

Yes, I got this working. I'm coming over from the Mac so some things are similar.

Tom
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

In the file browser (Nautilus for gnome, caja for Mate), you can either click view-show hidden files, or edit-preferences-show hidden files. Then you can see all the folders that start with a period. Go to your home folder - .wine - drive_c - Program Files - Photoline - Defaults - ICCProfiles and put your profiles there. You can put plugins into the Plugins folder and scipts into Automation. In the PhotoLine folder, if you make a folder called PhotoLineSettings, all your settings will be saved there and can be copied directly to another installation.

While you're at it, you can make a folder .local - share - color - icc and put a display profile there; create one with Argyll CMS and run it on startup with dispwin ~/.local/share/color/icc/monitor.icm. In Mate the startup applications are under System - Preferences -Personal - Startup Applications.