modifying multiple layers

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
ert55
Mitglied

modifying multiple layers

Beitrag von ert55 »

How do I scale, crop, rotate etc multiple layers? I've tried marking them but unfortunatelly only the active layer is modified.
shijan
Mitglied

Re: modifying multiple layers

Beitrag von shijan »

just select multiple layers and it should work
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

Just click the »Document« option, this should rotate all layers. Another approach might be to group all layers and then rotate the group.

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 06.31.48.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
ert55
Mitglied

Beitrag von ert55 »

Thanks for the tips. I forgot to mention I'd like to be able do that from the Layer menu on the main menu bar. I'm especially interested in cropping the size of multiple layers (Layer > Change Layer Size > Crop Size) which only works on the active layer.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Yes, seems it is impossible apply Crop to multiple layers or to layers group.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Try "Layout > Document > Trim Document"
ert55
Mitglied

Beitrag von ert55 »

Sadly, trimming the whole document doesn't do the trick for me. I have a bunch of layers that need to be trimmed separatelly and exported to files. They'll be used as sprites in a game I'm working on.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

I think I would need a sample file to give you a solution for your problem.
ert55
Mitglied

Beitrag von ert55 »

Ok, I've made a sample document with 3 layers in it to give you an idea. The transparent areas need to be cropped out in one go so only the circles are contained within the separate layers.
Untitled.zip
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

There is very useful command "Trim Image" it removes transparent area around image in single click. I personally add this command to my custom quick mouse middle-click menu.
Or use "Layout > Image > Trim Image"
But it will not work with multiple selected layers as well.

You can also do "Trim document" in same way, as Gerhard Huber surrested

BildBild
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Mi 17 Jun 2020 18:42, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

To be honest more support for multiple selected layers is always welcome. Multiple selected layers is essential batch option. Hope this could be improved in future updates.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 17 Jun 2020 18:37 To be honest more support for multiple selected layers is always welcome. Multiple selected layers is essential batch option. Hope this could be improved in future updates.
A (in my mind) simple solution would be an additional option in the batch functionality to have a recorded action option that tells PhotoLine to repeatedly run the action on each selected layer individually.
batch_layers.png
Any command and group of commands could then be applied iteratively on multiple selected layers/layer groups then. Personally I would love to have this Aciton option, and the Hubers wouldn't need to amend the functionality for all functions to accommodate multiple selected layers. A simple solution that covers many use(r) cases.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

at the moment this can be solved with an action or script only.
I will make the Trim Image function to handle multiple selections in the next beta of PhotoLine.