Setup Grey Point vs Channel Mixer picker?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Antworten
shijan
Mitglied

Setup Grey Point vs Channel Mixer picker?

Beitrag von shijan »

White Point (Setup Grey Point with unchecked "Fix White Point") vs Channel Mixer.
Both tools use color picker to automatically adjust channels to grey point. But i see small difference between these tools when use color picker and select same color patch on the photo.
Could anyone explain the difference between these tools when used to align channels?
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Setup Grey Point vs Channel Mixer picker?

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

In the channel mixer, the resulting R channel (as well as the resulting G and B channels) can be a combination of the orignal R, G and B.
Other functions don't offer this flexibility: The resulting R channel is just a modifcation of the original R channel

Martin
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

So Channel Mixer picker is formally "better" than White Point (Setup Grey Point with unchecked "Fix White Point") ?
I just attempt to remove orange mask from film scan, and align R G B channels to frame edge grey point. In most cases this operation usually done during scanning by adjusting RGB gain of image sensor, but i just attempt to reproduse the same digitally in most accurate way...
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

shijan hat geschrieben: Fr 06 Nov 2020 16:15 So Channel Mixer picker is formally "better" than White Point (Setup Grey Point with unchecked "Fix White Point") ?
It's not better, but it offers additional options in your situation.
shijan hat geschrieben: Fr 06 Nov 2020 16:15I just attempt to remove orange mask from film scan, and align R G B channels to frame edge grey point. In most cases this operation usually done during scanning by adjusting RGB gain of image sensor, but i just attempt to reproduse the same digitally in most accurate way...
AFAIK usually Curves is used for that.

Martin
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

I don't like the concept to set hard clipped pure black point with Curves. I prefer to set grey point (aka WB in RAW) and keep all dynamic range unclipped. Next i set black and white point with "AutoLevels" and recover back any amount of clipped data with "Output Levels" slider. In 32 bit mode "Output Levels" allow to bring back all clipped data. Still experiment with options...
Antworten