Bug in v 22.50?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Bug in v 22.50?

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I downloaded and installed 22.50. Everything went fine. But when I open PL many of the icons are almost grayed out. eg the Undo button. The Save button. All the tools in the Tool Box. Plus others. They work fine but they are very hard to see. I have a View/Panel Layout saved that I always use. Nothing has changed there. When I reload the saved layout I still get the very faint icons.
New Image, New Document, Browse, Copy and a few others are fine.

So have I done something wrong or are other getting the same issue?
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Bug in v 22.50?

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Does changing the icon mode to "Color" in the options at "Display > User Interface > Icons" make any difference?

Martin
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

The icons are indeed a bit hard to identify, particularly if the color scheme is »grey«. The buttons for scaling and rotating are too dark, the arrows are almost invisible. I've switched to color and colorless and restarted each time, but the dull icons remained.

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 13.49.44.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Martin I follow your steps. Now some icons such as Undo and Redo have gone! Only by mouse over can the labels be seen. Colorless saturation and I get nothing in the Undo and Redo.
I think I will revert back to the last version.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Just a note - If I Edit/Options/Display/User interface and check Activate Black Mode. Then set background color to 100 the icons become acceptable. But not with 0 for Background Color. If I take Background Color down to 50 the Icons all but disappear. At 75 they are starting to become more visible.

My issue is that I want a very dark background/black.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

More!! - I start PL.There is NO Undo or Re do icons. I open a tiff file. I duplicate the layer. The Undo icon appears. But only just visible. If I click on the Undo icon it disappears and the Re do icon appears. I duplicate the layer again and the Undo re appears But very faintly. I then select Filters/Digital Camera/Light Shadow. The Undo and Redo both vanish. But almost every other Icon also vanishes. The Tools all grey out. The Light/Shadow window is all greyed out. But works!!! The Width and Gama titles are ok but the sliders have greyed out. If I make changes and click OK all the Icons reappear, albeit greyed out. But not all of them. Now the Tools icons are back to 'normal'. Along with some other icons. But the Undo and Redo are still greyed out. But they work. Just cant see them very well.

All the text is ok it's just the icons that are being greyed out. The below image has some of the 'missing' icons such as Undo and Redo. It's a bit hard to see on these images. I understand some are greyed out while performing some functions..
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Do 10 Dez 2020 02:09 Just a note - If I Edit/Options/Display/User interface and check Activate Black Mode. Then set background color to 100 the icons become acceptable. But not with 0 for Background Color. If I take Background Color down to 50 the Icons all but disappear. At 75 they are starting to become more visible.
I can't reproduce this problem here, neither with a background intensity of 0, nor with 50. It doesn't matter whether I use the icons with full saturation or with less saturation.

Can you send us your PhotoLine settings per e-mail? To do this, open an Explorer window and type "%appdata%\PhotoLine" in the address bar. In that folder, there is a file named "PhotoLine.xml" which are the PhotoLine settings.
Maybe we can reproduce the problem with your settings.

Is there a "Help" folder in "%appdata%\PhotoLine"?

Martin
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Martin I sent you an email with the xml file.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

I tried it with your settings and on different configurations and with your pure black background.
When enabled, the Undo and Redo icons have a brightness of 50%. When disabled, the brightness is 25%.
Both should be clearly visible on a background of 0%, and they are here, even on my monitor set to lowest brightness.

I can't find any reason why this is different on your computer.

Maybe other users can post whether they have the same problem.

Martin
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Martin I downloaded Pl 22.50 again. Installed it again. Same problem. Mostly with the Undo and Redo icons.

I have a desktop computer that I use for my printing. I do final touch ups on it with PL. I installed 22.50 on it. Same issue. The Undo and Redo icons are very faint.

I played with the laptops brightness and that made it somewhat better but still a struggle. I wont touch my desktop as I have it calibrated for printing.

Both computers are HP if that has any affect!

I went back to PL 20.50 and it was ok.

????

bruce
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

It also could be conflict with some legacy settings. Did you try to delete preferences folder? Sometimes it helps to fix strange glitches.

I checked some resources from icons and some of them tagged (by mistake or by purpose) as "Black" instead of "Foreground" This is why little rotate/resize icons are not inverted. But i guess this is just a known problem with poorly drawn and not too optimized original icons theme, and this is not related to strange dimmed icons problem described in first post.
Bild

Undo/Redo icons are tagged as "Foreground" and there is no mistake with them. Seems problem is very similar to problem i posted here https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... 493#p48401
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Do 17 Dez 2020 03:12 Martin I downloaded Pl 22.50 again. Installed it again. Same problem. Mostly with the Undo and Redo icons.
Can you make a screenshot, crop the undo/redo icons (preferable with one enabled and the other disabled) and check the color values? Are they 25% and 50% respectively?
bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Do 17 Dez 2020 03:12 I played with the laptops brightness and that made it somewhat better but still a struggle. I wont touch my desktop as I have it calibrated for printing.
What is the color profile of the monitor?

Maybe you can send us the color profile and the cropped screenshot of the redo/icons?

Martin
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I'm not sure what you mean about the color values being 25% and 50%. How or where do I check?

Color profiles of both the laptop and desktop are manually tuned to match my printer output. (Plus paper and ink profiles).

Thanks.