How to go from fixed text box to expandable.

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
borgo1971
Mitglied

How to go from fixed text box to expandable.

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

It's more a curiosity then a problem, but I'd like to understand how (and if) I can revert a fixed size text box to a expandable text (without ruler above), like I get when I start to write e new text?
shijan
Mitglied

Re: How to go from fixed text box to expandable.

Beitrag von shijan »

Text tool transform behave rather unusual compare to other objects. Some logic and improvement ideas where described here https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... =15#p47735
And as i remember the answer from developer was that normally it is impossible anytime switch back from fixed size text box to a expandable text (without ruler above).
But if by accident you touch text transform handles without Command key modifier and change mode, it can be switched back to normal mode by Command+Z. This works only starting from 22.40b14 and v22.5
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

shijan hat geschrieben: Fr 22 Jan 2021 16:10 ... it is impossible anytime switch back from fixed size text box to a expandable text (without ruler above).
It seems a bit strange to me that we cannot re-convert a text, perhaps because I use other software (CADs) that handles texts in a similar way, but allows conversion in both directions.
In any case, thanks for your advice, so I don't waste other time to try to do something impossible.
gmhofmann
Betatester

Beitrag von gmhofmann »

1. You have text in textbox A
2. Copy the text into the clipboard
3. Create textbox B (the other type :!: )
4. Paste the text into B
5. Delete textbox A
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

gmhofmann hat geschrieben: Sa 23 Jan 2021 08:12 1..5.
OK, this was obvious. But it's a little cumbersome. Specially if I want to convert more text box.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

As described earlier, the core of this problem is that Text Tool transform by default use DTP mode (frame with ruler) and unfortunately there are no any user controlled toggles for these defaults directly in Text Tool.
Let's hope that Text Tool will be improved somewhere in future.
Until that Undo or Copy/Paste text to new text layer are the only ways to fix this problem.

Also don't forget to press Command+Shift if you want to transform Text in same way as any other normal object and also keep proportions. And yes, it is cumbersome and confusing.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

With previous versions, you could use “Optimise Layer Size” to get back to expanding text boxes. Not sure if this feature disappeared on purpose.

Cheers

Burkhard
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

bkh hat geschrieben: Sa 23 Jan 2021 20:11 “Optimise Layer Size” to get back to expanding text boxes.
With PL32 19.51, the command adapt the box to the text, but it didn't become "expanding".
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Seems problem fixed in 22.90b4
Textebenen können wieder auf "dynamisch" zurückgeschaltet werden, in den Werkzeugeinstellungen, letzter Reiter
Text layers can be switched back to "dynamic" in the tool settings, last tab

Bild
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 03 Feb 2021 19:06 Seems problem fixed in 22.90b4
Yes! It's ok, now. :D